Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 2013 Excel Hybrid - Poor Headlights

Phil L

Hi Geoff, don't remember exactly but I think about 2-3 weeks ago.

5 minutes ago, geoffus said:

Hi Jim, I did the same as you and contacted Toyota and they told me to contact local dealer but I have not heard anything at all from them. When did you blog them please?

Just call your local delaership, quote the ref/issue and they book you in, since changing mine SOOOO much better than vs old

Unfortunately my dealer will try and get out of it as they tried to with damage on car from when I bought it but I had proof so they could not get out of it.

36 minutes ago, geoffus said:

Unfortunately my dealer will try and get out of it as they tried to with damage on car from when I bought it but I had proof so they could not get out of it.

I really don't get this, it's not a matter of the dealer offering his opinion about whether your lights are satisfactory or not. Toyota has acknowledged there's an issue and have addressed it by making replacement headlights available. You need replacement lights, end of.

As I've said before, if the dealer gives you any trouble get in touch with Toyota Customer Service and complain to them. In my experience they will act on your behalf and you will get the lights replaced.

6 minutes ago, TomdeGuerre said:

You need replacement lights, end of.

you have to remember its not a recall its a technical service bullitin.

with a recall you will be informed of the work that need to be carried out but this is a TSB

and the difference is you have to mention the issue to Toyota for them to act.

3 minutes ago, eygo said:

you have to remember its not a recall its a technical service bullitin.

with a recall you will be informed of the work that need to be carried out but this is a TSB

and the difference is you have to mention the issue to Toyota for them to act.

Where did I say it was a recall?

Thank you all, I am going to Toyota dealer end of week so will ask them to sort it. Thanks again

when you said "  You need replacement lights, end of. " it sounded to me that you where suggesting that toyota should contact the affected owners as you NEED HEADLIGHTS END OF

dont expect miracles from the new headlights they throw light to the side but they dont increase the lenght of the beam

16 minutes ago, eygo said:

when you said "  You need replacement lights, end of. " it sounded to me that you where suggesting that toyota should contact the affected owners as you NEED HEADLIGHTS END OF

Well you were wrong - end of.

8 minutes ago, eygo said:

dont expect miracles from the new headlights they throw light to the side but they dont increase the lenght of the beam

I must admit when mine were swapped over and then correctly re-aligned throw was a lot better to the point of now when on own and no load in car I have to adjust them down 

When a car has a problem like this, yes I do expect Toyota get in touch, they are the makers of the car and should do the Wright thing  and get in touch with owners and put it Right, end of

• Like 1

Well all I can say is they did exactly what you are suggesting in my case. 

14 minutes ago, geoffus said:

When a car has a problem like this, yes I do expect Toyota get in touch, they are the makers of the car and should do the Wright thing  and get in touch with owners and put it Right, end of

Some owners have found the headlights to be a problem, and some haven't.

Unbelievably Toyota haven't, as yet, included the use of a crystal ball in the Toyota Production System, so are unlikely to be able to predict which owners will have issues with particular aspects of their vehicles, and when.

This isn't the end of the discussion, so no more use of 'End of'. If a moderator views a thread has come to its natural end, the thread will be locked, and that will be 'End of'.

Toyota don't need a crystal ball when so many owners are complaining about the problem

1 hour ago, geoffus said:

Toyota don't need a crystal ball when so many owners are complaining about the problem

Approx 13 on this thread.

Seems this thread may well have reached it's natural end.

• Like 1