Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

"plate" Mentions

Sensha

Please see my post #4 on this topic......That is my view on the subject....

"The fact that the system was, in time, used (and some would say abused) by both the motor industry and by individuals to generate sales and display a questionable degree of affluence is just a consequence."

My post doesn't imply that I agree, it is merely a statement of fact.

The reasoning behind the opinion that the topic needs to be locked is that the topic has moved away from the original subject, which was a plea to describe what is meant by the term 'plate'. It certainly wasn't an edict.

Vanity plates in California (each state has it's own cost) run about an extra $80 per year. I used to play a game with my kids when they were younger to see who could figure out the meaning of personalized plates first.

On my iQ...

DSCN1536.jpg

DSCN1538.jpg

California had three digit plates originally. When all possibilities of number letter combinations (ABC 123) were exhausted they added a numerical digit to the beginning of the plate (1ABC123) The state is now using plates that start with the number 7.

We also have stickers on our plates that indicate the month registration payment is due and the last year registration was paid. I think in the UK there is a window sticker that does the same thing?

"We also have stickers on our plates that indicate the month registration payment is due and the last year registration was paid. I think in the UK there is a window sticker that does the same thing?"

there is but the government have announced that since they are all computerised now we will no longer need to have one as of ~next November or so (we'll still be paying a yearly fee just no physical disc),

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links