Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Touch And Go

nayvy

Dear friends,

I am from Portugal and i bought a Auris TS Hybrid Exclusive.

Where in Portugal the car is not possible to come with the seats in leather only mixed, and is not possible to come with the option AFS.

Policys from the Importer from Portugal!

I didn´t know that Toyota had two similar systems:

Toyota Touch and Go

Toyota Touch and Go Plus

There are some diferences.

One of the diferences is that i can´t conect my mobile from by bluetooth, to the internet.

Does anyone know, if is possible to connect to the internet with the "Touch and Go"?

Thank you very much

Hello.

I think you can connect to the internet with Touch and Go, I've not done it with my phone, but looking at the manual I think it's possible.

See:

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/legacy/Toy/aimuploads/%7B7800871C-8234-9757-91F3-79F246498234%7D/Display_Audio_OM20B60E_ENG_LR.pdf

The pages you need to look at are from about page 180

if it's like the Avensis it's the other way around - the phone connects to the internet (data package) & assuming that your phone lets you tether then Touch & Go (in my case Plus) connects to the phone via bluetooth & thence the internet. Is your phone on the compatible list?

I think he was talking about that way around. According to Toyota, any "& Go" can connect to the net through your phone via bluetooth. The differences with the Plus are 3d maps, text to speech, email, voice recognition, some music prediction guff and traffic.

http://www.toyota.co.uk/owners-info/touch-and-go

I guess "try again".

Unless you really do think the car is going to connect to the Internet for you. It's not completely mental; Toyota do actually sell a little box that takes a SIM card and creates a little wifi network for the car (hopefully including bluetooth so the radio can connect). But the Touch & Go aint it.

I was thinking about buying the extra module to make my "Touch" into an "& Go" for the GPS, but at a few hundred quid I guess I'll stick to sticking the phone to the windscreen. If I ever find one for 100 (and I admit this will probably not happen for many years) I'll bite.

Dear friends,

Thank you very much for all your help.

I have two mobile phones to connect they are:

LG Maximo Black P970

HTC Desire HD

If you say that the Toyota Touch and Go system, makes the connection, maybe you are rigth, because i have this option but it´s not higlight.

What i think is that none of this phones are compatible.

I have to borrowed, some Iphone4, so i can make the final test! :)

When i have it i will comment where the result.

And what abour AFS? Does anyone have that sytem?

I have AFS on my Avensis - I wouldn't bother about not having it.

Imo, it's another potential failure point (motors etc. to adjust beam direction) plus it only comes with HID lights afaik. The HID lights are better than the standard but there are no upgrades available for the bulbs in the way that you can buy aftermarket better bulbs for the standard lights.

About the internet it´s true.

I try to make the connection with a nokia 113, and now it´s possible, to make the connection with the internet.

In this case if you have a Touch and GO, and your phone don´t connect to internet you can buy a cheap nokia 113!

Althoug the programs like weather and search i couldn´t make start, but i didn´t had time to make diferente tests! :(

Thank you Scott for the AFS, hint.

In this case anyone, could give me a hint how to maximaze, the lights of Auris? Because i think that at nigth this car, is very poor in ligth the road.

I have a Corolla from 2006, and this one give more ligth to the road!

Are you sure the other phones had their internet connected? Also, I believe some phones (especially when provided by carriers) do not allow internet sharing or tethering to save the cheapskates their precious bandwidth. This could be an issue here?

Many agree the lights are a bit weak. I think it was frostyballs who put in some 9012 or 9006 bulbs my memory is useless. Check the other big threads.

Well about the internet i confirm that Nokia 113, make the connection, that is a cheap mobile phone.

Or the iPhone series make the connection too.