Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid Headlights And Led Bulbs

Rasmalai

I think I'll go and ask the wife to try - she's got smaller hands and the strength of Mighty Mouse... Maybe I loosened them up already ;) LOL

LED "bulbs" are nicer and give more light.

4z7d.jpg

How did you open the cover to get to the socket? And also how do you open the cover for the light in the middle of the roof?

Thanks

Use a small flat head and some gentle flexng and it will pop off

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

"LED "bulbs" are nicer and give more light."

When our Local Authority was planning the replacement of halogen street lighting with LED lighting in our road, I met with the Lighting Engineer responsible for determining what lighting was needed. LED lights produce light across a broader spectrum than halogen and the light produced is just more visible to the human eye. Through human eyes LED lighting appears whiter and brighter - in fact it isn't.

We had six halogen street lights replaced with four LED street lights, and the spread of light is far better - one can see more.

How did you open the cover to get to the socket? And also how do you open the cover for the light in the middle of the roof?

Thanks

Take the whole lamp out (front map lamp), you have access at the bulb sockets from its backside.

Central lamp bulb: is enough to take it's glass out with a small flathead screwdriver.

Not necessary to take the map lamp out. It is possible though, by pulling hard enough downwards. Other option is to pull the plastic covers off which are covering the bulbs, you need to start from the sharp end and can do it with fingers.