Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid Headlights And Led Bulbs

Rasmalai

U know the bevel u get in the car to adjust the height of the beam

Yeah they can still be adjusted. Just make you that if you get HIDs that you pay attention to where it is on the road or you will blind people if your back heavy.

Headlight levelling

Yeah. But if your car didn't come with HIDs by default, then it won't be automatic. So just have to watch out for it.

No mine didn't come with xenon so that's why I wondered if my head light level would still work

What about the tail lights or is there nothing I can do to make them abit brighter I'm thinkin led

Mine do not blind, tested and no flashers whatsoever so everyone seems happy. I keep them aligned as with halogen bulbs, did not touch anything under the bonnet. Also the scroll wheel inside the car is set to highest level just like it was from new.

You can make rear brighter by installing bulbs with higher wattage. The other option is using LEDs but the colour will change if you use red bulbs in there. The light other will see will be much more red than before as you have those white/yellowish halogen bulbs in the at the moment. That will also cause that they will differ from your 3rd brake light and probably won't even be brighter because some of those bulbs do not spread the light very well, they just have straight forward beam.

So for the rears not much hope then I guess ... Not a problem really was just wondering how it would be I will just do the interior lights and the number plate like I have already started doin then ... But xenon lights are definitely the way forward as the pictures I am seeing are definitely an improvement

Has anyone done a xenon high beam conversion or changed to better lights from the standard ones

I have read up on xenon high beams. And they aren't worth it as they have to warm up + flashing xenon bulbs can damage them as they don't build up to operating temperature. I have fitted Halfords brighter main beams. Will get a picture on the country roads when I head back to Coventry tonight and post a pic.

EDIT

Have also fitted led sidelights, will get a pic of that as well

I have done led sidelights and there is a massive difference in them I fitted smd leds

For high beams I recommend MTEC Cosmos Blue. Great match with HIDs, but doesn't really make difference when you switch high beams on if they're halogens and you have HIDs in your low beams :D

Here's my sidelights:

parkity.jpg

High beam match with HIDs and LED DRLs:

9t4ec9s.jpg

Those DRLs are nice and bright. I'm dreaming to install such ones to the rear and use them when I reverse somewhere in the dark...

unfortunatly i cant remember, and neither is it in my eBay history -.-. But what i can tell you is that they cost around 50-60 quid, took about half hour to install (i made a guide) and they are 6k bulbs.

EDIT

They are so bright, i have actually been able to drive with just them on before (i fancied a challenge)

I have a habit while on the motorway that as I drive into the night forgetting to turn on lights cos my eyes are adjusting till someone flashes me and I go " oh shit " ... But them drl are like fog light bright so would imagine you could drive thru the night on em but I drive a lot of country lanes hence why I am interested in making my lights brighter