Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Why Are All The Cars That You Want To Buy Always Miles Away

copystuff

Does anyone else have this problem when looking for cars i am in Derbyshire but the car i want to see is in Rochester Kent.

None of the cars near me are in good conditon or are high milage its so frusttrating getting fed up of being without a car now.

Oh mate don't get me started!

When I was after a 5-door Mk1 Yaris D4D T-Spirit the only ones I could find that were in one piece or didn't have >100k miles on them were literally hundreds of miles away!

I count myself very lucky when I found this one when my brother had just passed his test so I could flog my old one to him :lol:

I do find if you are after something specific it is much harder to find, but IMHO it is worth the perseverance :)

It really helps if you have a mate who's into cars and can ferry you around ;)

Does anyone else have this problem when looking for cars i am in Derbyshire but the car i want to see is in Rochester Kent.

None of the cars near me are in good conditon or are high milage its so frusttrating getting fed up of being without a car now.

Try making Automatic a requirement - that reduces the choice by another 80%.

We've lived in mid-Cheshire for near 30 years now and the pre-owned cars we've bought while here have come from:

Preston, Chester, London, Chester, Sheffield and Mansfield,

so just two out of six 'local' (and those still 15 miles away).

But in every case we did get a good one - it's just a case of being patient and making sure the ones a way off are really worth going to look at. And most sellers will give you some extra benefit - if you're prepared to come a looong way to look at their car you obviously aren't a time-wasting tyre-kicker, which is a big plus for them.

Always seems to be the way I ended up going to Scotland to buy a Smart Roadster mainly because a lot have been modified which I didn't want and I specifically wanted extras like heated seats and side air bags.

Was a long way to go but had a good day out went up first class on the train then had a 250 mile drive back in glorius sunshine :) was great. Probably cost me an extra £100 in travelling than if there had been one nearby but Sometimes it is worth the trip for the right car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links