Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio Settings

i cue

Hello,

I have searched the forum for any info. on how to set the radio.If there is a thread already please could you point me in that direction.

I have read the manual and contacted the dealership by phone and still have got nowhere.

The lady in the dealership said that the manual covered several different models.For instance it says menu should come up on mine it doesn't.

I am not able to set the station, after great difficulty in finding it. I wish to receive Radio 1,2,3,and 4 and classic and a local station.My car is second hand and has stations like "wave" set. Is anybody able to tell me how to find the stations I want and to remove the stations I do not want.I know the frequencies of the stations I want but when they come up the channels 1-6 are not showing. It is my understanding that you move the joy stick to the + or - until you hear a beep and then it is set. For me it just increases or decreases the volume. I have been trying in FM1.

Any help much appreciated if I can not sort it I will have to take it to a dealership,

Jane

Thanks Mike, I did do a search but did not find that thread!

Aaron explains it as in the book but I am not getting MENU up, or SET. I shall go and try again as I feel as though I an doing something silly.

Jane

Jane

From the thread I attached, others don't find it easy - so don't worry about whether you are doing something silly.

Hi Mike,

Just been out again to the car (midnight!) I do not like to be defeated.I press the mode /pwr button and the radio comes on. I do not get menu If I press the mode/pwr button again (I realise I should press this several times, once I have the menu up,to get set) it turns the radio off. I can find the desired stations by using the V up and down but when I use the + or - it just changes the volume.Then I have to start all over again!

At the moment I get FM1 with ch above it then 1 then 87.50

FM1with ch above it then 2 then 87.90

FM1 with st above it then Radio 1

FM1 nothing above then PLNT ROCK

FM1 with ch above it 107.20

FM1 with ch above 108.00

Just don't understand why I can not get menu or set.

Jane

From the other thread, once the radio is on, you need to press the Mode button & keep it pressed until you hear a beep.

It is only after the beep that Menu appears on the display.

Then once Menu is displayed, you press the Mode button several times until Set is displayed.

Then you follow the joystick instructions to select and save your station -

Search for desired station by pressing 'up' or 'down' on the joystick.
Select one of the preset stations (CH1-6) by pressing volume '+' or '-' on the joystick.
Press and hold '+' or '-' on joystick for the station the current preset is to be set to, until you hear another beep.

Classic example of using mimimalistic buttons. Like messing about setting a digital watch or clock. Even in tne broadcasting world i come from, quite often we would have to get the manuals out for the equipment just to change frequency or clock. By using a small array of keys nothing is obvious. Gone are the 6 buttons where you choose one, up and down for the station then hold it to save. Then having the big bonus of pressing button 2 for radio 2 rather than scanning up and down looking for it taking your eyes off the road. Of course button 2 could be any station you desire , but only a quick glance and your on it. Not having to wait for the RDS to lock and identify it as you continiously search for it. 3 rows of 6 buttons makes a "cluttered" dash but very practical solution.

David

Referring back to Mike's answer, this morning I have been out to the car 3 times. I had the ignition turned, but no engine on, then I started the engine; the results are the same:

I hold the mode/pwr button down and NO BEEP but radio 1 comes on.

I continue holding it and there is still NO BEEP.

I press it a second time and I hear 2BEEPS and the radio goes off.

This morning having re-read Mike's info I even thought he meant the mode button by the clock button and tried that!

I am beginning to think there is something wrong but know that a bad workman blames his tools!

Is there a master reset button with the radio?

If not I am going to have to take it to the dealership.

Jane

I'd give the dealer a ring and arrange to pop back, and get them to tune in a couple of pre-sets whilst you're in the car.

On IQ to get to the menu function press the mode button to turn on the radio if not already on, then press and hold the mode button after a few seconds you will hear a beep keep holding until you hear a second beep then release, to cycle through the options press and release the mode button then use the joystick to make selections, finally press and hold mode until it beeps to return to the normal functions

Thanks I have got there in the end! I have done it automatically. When I turned the radio on, Radio one came on, if I pressed the mode /pwr button again it beeped twice and turned off the radio.

What I am meant to do is immediately AFTER HEARING ONE BEEP I SHOULD TAKE MY FINGER OFF THE MODE?PWR BUTTON then it goes to AST and can then be automatically set. Don't wait for the second beep that follows in quick succession.

These stations are automatically set in FM3.

Presumably if I want the stations on FM1 or FM2 I would turn the AST off, then SET would appear?

Jane

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links