Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg And Build Quality On Yaris Hybrid

xray_matt

I'm pleased with ours as well. Unfortunately my wife only makes very short journeys so it is difficult to assess overall mpg just yet. Also it's got pretty much everything going against it at the moment. Short journeys, cold so heater on, AC at times for demisting and lights as well sometimes. Despite that and the journeys being only about 4 miles it is getting 45 mpg which I can't get on the same trip from my 1.6 Diesel which can do 70 mpg on a run. As it was bought hoping it would beat other cars on journeys (not the prime reason for buying I hasten to add, that was small quiet auto!) this short it is doing ok and I've got over 50 on a run.

Dave

• 6 months later...

Update on my mpg after a few months ownership. As most people suggested things have improved with mileage and warmer weather. I expect the latter is the main contributor. Got 65 mpg to Christchurch and back which is about 150 miles. That was mixed roads a couple of traffic jams and keeping to a max of 75 mph on motorway which was the bulk of the mileage. ( average speed on motorway was probably about 65 mph ignoring traffic hold ups, which of course the Yaris Hybrid loves!). Air con on most of the time.

It has settled down to about 58 mpg on most journeys round and about town.

Pretty pleased with all that.

Dave

Update on my mpg after a few months ownership. As most people suggested things have improved with mileage and warmer weather. I expect the latter is the main contributor. Got 65 mpg to Christchurch and back which is about 150 miles. That was mixed roads a couple of traffic jams and keeping to a max of 75 mph on motorway which was the bulk of the mileage. ( average speed on motorway was probably about 65 mph ignoring traffic hold ups, which of course the Yaris Hybrid loves!). Air con on most of the time.

It has settled down to about 58 mpg on most journeys round and about town.

Pretty pleased with all that.

Dave

I will second all of that. I got mine at the end of October and it has never averaged less than 50mpg on a full tank despite our mainly urban short journey use. With only 3,000 miles on the clock now it is up to 58mpg average in the warmer weather and on a recent journey back from South Wales to the Midlands was showing 64.7mpg when we got home after a brisk 235 mile journey. It is using less than half the fuel that my previous Fiesta 1.4 Automatic used with just as spritely performance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links