Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 T180 58Reg Cat D

Nightstalker

Hi guys :-)

Well after feeling gutted to not have gone for the xt5 before christmas I kept looking for a Rav and found one on autotrader. Off to check it out tomorrow... its ckassed as a cat d repaired and all that was done was the front bumper replaced...kinda strange the insurance wrote it off on a 08 plate :-/ Anywho gonna see what this ones like and check paper work to see if the engines been changed..its got short of 100k on the clock, so would have thought the niggly things would have been sorted by now :-/ on a different note... would i be able to stream bluetooth music from my phone on this reg?

Just under 7k...going to haggle a little more if i can.... looking at trading my avensis in at the same time...

Hi guys :-)

Well after feeling gutted to not have gone for the xt5 before christmas I kept looking for a Rav and found one on autotrader. Off to check it out tomorrow... its ckassed as a cat d repaired and all that was done was the front bumper replaced...kinda strange the insurance wrote it off on a 08 plate :-/ Anywho gonna see what this ones like and check paper work to see if the engines been changed..its got short of 100k on the clock, so would have thought the niggly things would have been sorted by now :-/ on a different note... would i be able to stream bluetooth music from my phone on this reg?

Best case scenario.......car absolutely fine.

Worst case scenario.......it turns out to be pish, you have bought it, and you try to offload it. No chance.....not many folk like you oot there who would buy a Categorised car.

You answer your own question.......why have insurance written it off for a mangled bumper ? Take along all of your tools which check the floor pan for true and ripple damage. (Me too......haven't got any......)

All done in the best possible taste.......jog backwards, mucker.....

As a rule of thumb - a Cat D should be around 25% less in price than a previously undamaged car. Light frontals can be expensive especially if the airbags go off and since an insurance company can sell a lightly damaged car for around 50% of normal price - they will often take the low risk option of writing off. Stolen cars are often recovered (often damaged) after the insurance company has settled a claim - these cars are categorised D. Nothing wrong with a D provided it's checked out properly and the price reflects that it is categorised. Remember that some insurance companies won't insure a D or may load the premium.

If you are after a good example of a 2008 registered / 08 plate T180 ours will be up for sale very soon. Ours is hpi clear, ftsh with all previous Mot's, 1 previous owner from new, currently on 92k & is in vgc. Will come with a new MOT & is taxed until the end of August. Engine was replaced by Toyota at 41k and does not use any oil.

Message me if you're interested or alternatively wait until I start a thread in the for sale section.

This is not a for sale pitch - simply pointing out what can be bought for similar money to the vehicle the OP is going to view :thumbsup:

Oh Martin........ya bad bad person ye.......your post will be removed at 3.00am by persons above explaining or manners......unless the rule of for sale is still relaxed now that MANY MANY HORSES HAVE BOLTED........

• Like 1

Kev, no need for my post to be removed as our car is not currently for sale :P

I was simply pointing out that there are better buys out there than a cat d T180 especially for £7k - Nightstalker could buy an ex-member's T180 for that amount of moolah ;)

• Like 1

Oh well... drove it today and cant say it was all that great... got a whisteli g noise fron the engine...my guess is the turbo... then most alloys were bubbling, the wi dscreen was cracked from bottom to top...dealer said it started as a stone chip...i think that considering the front impact was on that side that its damage left from the crash...also they didnt replace the front style kit part on the bumper which was cracked.... back to the drawing board or get the 5series beemer i saw today... hmmmm :-S

Oh well... drove it today and cant say it was all that great... got a whisteli g noise fron the engine...my guess is the turbo... then most alloys were bubbling, the wi dscreen was cracked from bottom to top...dealer said it started as a stone chip...i think that considering the front impact was on that side that its damage left from the crash...also they didnt replace the front style kit part on the bumper which was cracked.... back to the drawing board or get the 5series beemer i saw today... hmmmm :-S

That ones nice.... only prob is i need to off load my avensis and then need to get from reading to get the rav :-s

That ones nice.... only prob is i need to off load my avensis and then need to get from reading to get the rav :-s

Reading to Worcestershire isn't too far on the train.

I drove from North Wales to Salisbury & back to view my S2000 (over 10 hours driving) & then caught the train from North Wales to Salisbury the following week to collect it - 6 hours down on the train & about 4 hours back in the S ;)

Thinking about it... this one does look nice in the picks... also engine changed and stereo upgraded.... v tempted...

Anyone know the owner ;-)

As it happens yes. Just to make it clear that it's not mine