Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hands Free

tarquin

Hi All

Have you seen these around?

Here is my bluetooth Gloves Charges from any 5v USB socket and in this instance pairs with my iPhone. Simply wear the gloves as normal with your phone out of the way in your pocket. When a call comes through, just press the green woven button the wrist to answer and put your thumb and little finger up to your ear and mouth like when you indicate you will give some one a call. Tho make a call on an iPhone, press the green woven button again and using finger and thumb up to your ear and mouth and speak to Siri who to call. Red woven button to end call.. Also has special woven finger tips so you can operate the phone without taking the gloves off. Surly, you can't be prosecuted for scratching your ear and chin. Ha Ha

David

post-109788-0-60767000-1392491390_thumb.

post-109788-0-25504000-1392491423_thumb.

Hmm, I don't think the finger-less summer gloves will work too well :)

Ha Ha

No they are genuine they were a christmas present and they work surprisingly well. The only 2 draw backs for me is that i don't like wearing gloves when driving and you look a bit silly in summer. mind you thats a very long way off if todays weather is anything to go by Ha HA

David

They're not hands free ......

• Like 1

So basically it's just like using your phone in the car (and I'm sure just as illegal), except you look like a right wally too?

Not sure that's something I'd be angling for?

Ha Ha Ha. Where do you find this stuff Taz

It is a case of just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I still maintain that pointing your fingers at your ears and mouth and start talking to your self is not against any law. No different than flicking switches for lights or having to adjust your mirrors etc etc etc. soap box alert

David

The law: "It’s illegal to ride a motorcycle or drive using hand-held phones or similar devices"

The novelty glove in this set up is a similar device to a hand-held phone. It's blatantly not hands-free because it requires you to use your hand.

It's illegal.

It is not a hand held phone or similar device.

It is a microphone and miniature speaker sown into a glove. The bluetooth tx/rx is on my wrist/arm. This could be extended to any where else on my body except hands. There can be no law which would prohibit where you would point your fingers in your car. If indeed the wording in your quote is correct, then the word "similar" would have to be defined in detail before the law could be acted on and that an offence had been committed

David

It is a device which requires you to hold your hand to your head to conduct a telephone call.

Good luck splitting hairs, but I would happily bet money you'd get points and a fine if caught.

The posting of the description and photo's were for fun and to show what was out there. I have no intention of using them whilst driving. As i have a Tns350. I also don't like wearing gloves whilst driving. The mobile phone law, like any other was made to make money, not only for the government but also for businesses. There are already laws covering the consequences of using a mobile phone whist driving, they are, dangerous driving and driving without due care and attention. You see if business can make money from it , i.e hands free kits or allow the use of satnav's and large display screens for selecting functions by touch then thats ok. Another example , cabs using push to talk hand mic's. thats ok ( cant do cabbie's out of business) and of course not forgetting 5kw sound systems in cars numbing every sense you have, made by the likes of Pioneer and Sony. No regulation there even though i know i couldn't drive a car under those conditions.

It depends how far the government want to take control of your life. If you were looking down txting then its driving without due care and attention. Nothing more nothing less. Same as reading a mag on your lap. If you had a phone wedged under you ear and you were having a conversation and it became heated, then its the same as having an argument in the car with your passenger. Both are under undue care again. You cant say to your passenger, they cant come in the car because they might argue. Its an easy visual nick like any other motoring related offence. Sorry to go on

David

• Like 1

David, you make an excellent point. Our laws here in California restrict making calls and texting while holding a phone. There is no law however concerning, eating, applying makeup, disciplining children, changing radio stations, reading a map, anything else that would remove your concentration from the road. I think the gloves fall under the "not illegal" category here since they are little more than a bluetooth microphone that could be attached to your body or on the dash.

Driving.jpg

People have been done over here for eating an Apple whilst stopped at a red traffic light! Because they weren't in full control of the car :o

Absolutely crazy. Obviously not had enough nicks that day

This actually happened to me. I was driving up to a junction 10mph, when a police officer came from nowhere on my left and jumped out in front of me with his hand up motioning me to stop abruptly. My small windows spv phone was in its cradle on the dash and due to the abrupt breaking , it jumped out of the cradle and fell on the floor. I wound the window down wondering what on earth the problem was. He asked me to get out of the car and stand on the kerb. He then looked in the car and noticed my phone on the floor and accused me of using the phone whilst driving and that on seeing him i had dropped it on the floor. I obviously denied it and said i would show him the call log. He refused to look into the phone and said he was giving me a ticket for it. At this point his colleague who was behind my car talking with another car HE had pulled over, shouted up that he had seen i wasn't wearing a seat belt either. Obviously me being out of the car i couldn't challenge what he said. These 2 officers were there to make trumped up nicks. Having worked in most if not all of London's police stations in the eighties as a Radio Engineer.and seen similar trumped up nicks and them laughing about it amongst themselves I Have little respect for them.

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links