Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4D Avensis Continues To Stuff The Intercooler

austin360

Been having this problem it happens every 2months it stuffs it up goes down on power u can see the intercooler pipes sucking in when u start it up when your under neath it , so far I've got it cleaned out there's a bit of oil in it but not a huge lot it's more like thick crudie baked oil on the fins inside the cooler ,once cleaned it pulls like a train no black smoke ,there's no blue smoke when reving or driving its good clean running I have noticed it's got a lot of blow back coming out of the top breather hose coming outta the rocker cover that goes into the intake pipe ,I have removed the sump to check the condition of the oil strainer it was in like new condition nice and clean ,the turbo has been checked over and it seems fine the intake has a small build up of oil but I'm putting it down to the blow back from the engine the cat is dry from oil just black and looks normal the pipes from the turbo to the intercooler do have a small slime of oil but nothing to cause this I'm a bit at a loss with this if anyone could shed some light on this would be great s sorry about the long post just want to get as much info on it to poss get some help

• 1 year later...

Same problem here

The oil comes from the engine oil vent (a lot of oil vapour)

Not solved yet

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links