Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grrrr! Idiots On The Road Today

Wiz201

No-ones perfect - we all have idiosyncracies when driving.

• Like 1

That's very true, If you think you are perfect, trouble will soon follow.

My idiosyncracy is driving blindfolded with a red grape in my left ear. :crazy:

I still use the "If a pause turns into a wait, use the hand-brake" rule :)

Red, you sick puppy it should always be green... :lol:

I'm fed up with all this 'wining'

Red, you sick puppy it should always be green... :lol:

No, he's correct. Left = Port, which is red. A green grape would go in the Right (Starboard) ear.

This also assumes he fits the grapes before applying the blindfold.

Just think of port, a red drink and port has 4 letters in it the same as the word left leaving starboard to be green on the right.

Back to topic, I have seen some people rolling the cars back and forth on their clutch pedals for more than a minute! If the lights definitely red and we're not going anywhere I do put the handbrake on.

I'm fed up with all this wining

Who's whining? This is educational. :) It's good to let of steam in here, it's better than doing it on the road.

I fear that you missed the joke ... :fishyface:

Sorry Heidfirst,

I did read your post, but got cought up in the rest of it. Colour blind! No, I can't see a thing with a blindfold on. :eek:

I fear that you missed the joke ... :fishyface:

It's frosty's fault,droppin is aitchs like wat e did

There are perfect drivers,you know,I find they tend to sit on one of the passenger seats!!!

I thought my comment was vine.

I'll put my hand up & admit I have to remind myself that not everyone has the same level of training or experience. That doesn't make my driving perfect by any stretch either, but having several different licences does tend to give you a better perspective of each type of road user.

"but having several different licences"

Hopefully all in the same name.

"but having several different licences"

Hopefully all in the same name.

Obviously Mike - for those of a pedantic nature, I meant several different categories on the licence ....... :P

I'll put my hand up & admit I have to remind myself that not everyone has the same level of training or experience. That doesn't make my driving perfect by any stretch either, but having several different licences does tend to give you a better perspective of each type of road user.

I must admit that imo the best thing that I ever did for my driving was an HGV (now LGV) course - it really taught me about awareness & anticipation.

Thankfully HMG paid for it & I was several years younger than a civvy could hold an HGV licence at. :naughty: Still keep it current.

Then nearly 30 years as a sales rep./manager (boo hiss) added a lot more experience & miles.

Sadly, it's obvious that there aren't just more cars on the roads but that standards have dropped.

Same for me regarding the LGV Scott, with the added bonus of PCV too. My bike licence I paid for privately & have enjoyed 20+ years of 2 wheeled fun. Doing a Ridesafe course with Grampian Police was an interesting day out too :)

Driving different sizes of vehicls is a definate advantage, Although my old HGV 1 has lapsed years ago (not in to driving trucks these days) it does give you an understanding of safer driving, if it didn't imagine the carnage and wrecks caused by heavy goods vehicles all over the place.

Riding a motorcycle also is useful, it makes you realise how dangerous the road is, especially if you fall off.

I agree Scott, too many cars and too many people. I have to carefully pick the times I go out driving these days, or I get stuck in a traffic jam for hours sometimes.

Never got a bike licence although I have ridden them (have a friend who always has had several).

Off-road or on-track, fine but you know what hospital A&E departments call bikers? Donors ...

I've ridden a 125cc scooter before, got fed up of riding it though, I prefer four wheels now.

Never got a bike licence although I have ridden them (have a friend who always has had several).

Off-road or on-track, fine but you know what hospital A&E departments call bikers? Donors ...

You know why that is though - bikers don't have a massive crash-tested safety cell around them at the time of impact. Sometimes that's a good thing & you can be thrown clear of the danger, but it can also be the sole reason for life-threatening injuries. Depends entirely on the circumstances of the accident .......

Most motorcyclists accept that every time they ride, but it makes you realise how important it is to read the road ahead & expect people to pull out on you at junctions. Even when it's entirely the car driver's responsibility to check it's clear before pulling out onto the road :rolleyes:

Only today I saw ,I will just say a driver, perform in a way in a way that brings back bad memories for me.

That was turning out of a side street and only looking right when turning left.

Many years ago I was following someone, who just happened to be a learner, and we came to a stretch of straight road which was clear and I started to overtake.As we were level a car pulled out of a driveway and did as mentioned.

I was hit amidships in the drivers door and pushed left

I was mindful that the learner was then behind me so I released the brake for a few yards but was still back endered,pushed down the road into the ditch.I am convinced that I was only saved from injury by the fact that I was driving a Consul rag top which was built more sturdy on the side to compensate.

A lesson learned hard!!

Del

Sort of accident that wrote off the Jazz was a T-bone accident at a junction. I was turning right and had decided to enter the junction just as the lights went from green to amber so was expecting other people coming opposite to be slowing down/stopping, apart from one bloke who thundered up through to cross the junction as I had already committed to turning right in front of him (light had turned red at this stage) and hit my rear side door and I went into the central reservation. The wheel that had hit the central reservation was bent sideways 90 degrees and the rear passenger door was totally caved in, front door also affected slightly. The passenger side air bag went off (nobody was sitting there though) and I was certainly shaken up and had a bit of whiplash but no major lasting affects. Insurance company went in my favour as the other driver went through a red light when I had gone through much earlier and was almost clear of the junction.

I still use the same junction regularly, but treat it with a lot more respect. It causes some people to be impatient but I'd rather give myself an extra few seconds just to make sure rather than having that sort of accident again.