Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Battery?

sweet-dentist

I think my Battery of my car-key is getting a little old.

Looks like the car reacts less and less to open and close commando's.

Can this Battery be replaced? Or is there a way to tweak it. ' break it open and put other Battery an glue it close' ..

Any ideas... or experiences?

Thanks,

Peter

My Auris key - which is a two button fob - has a slot in the loop where it attaches to a key ring. A small bladed screwdriver can be inserted into the slot to open the fob for Battery replacement.

• Like 1

My Auris key - which is a two button fob - has a slot in the loop where it attaches to a key ring. A small bladed screwdriver can be inserted into the slot to open the fob for battery replacement.

Thanks man,

Indeed..did not see it. There is a 'push' button, when you push it a loose metal key comes out. This metal key thing holds the keyring... that comes detached... To open in emergency for the keyhole in the door...

AND there (behind it all) is a very small 'slot' thing... when I put a blunt knife in it I can see that this takes it apart. Pff...

So thanks very much... :-)

Peter

All detailed in the owners manual. Here are the pages for the key and the keyless ignition types.

Craig.

post-116364-0-96549000-1393090642_thumb.

post-116364-0-99246800-1393090655_thumb.

• Like 1

Damn Craggie,

Did not think of the instruction manual...

I remember this ..... R T F M ... remember .. (ReadTheFippingManual) damn.. :-)

And there it is...

Also many thanks to you too...

Peter

• Like 2

Tries fo the 3rd time to tipe... but it all goes away when I touch a wrong button..

So again..

Wow David ... nice to hear this... anything special in AMsterdam to do. Hiswa boats is over and also the motorcycles are gone.

Maybe Rijksmuseum (all fresh and new) / Stedelijk Museum.. also fresh and new.. There is the EYE-museum about movies...

Or Van Gogh or Concert or Theatre... or just family to visit :-)

Anyway ... we live about 30 minutes by train from Amsterdam Centralstation. If you have to stay longer we have room to stay over. No problem... can pick you up.. we have guestroom...

We live in the southern part of a place called Heemstede (lovely and very green).. it lays South of Haarlem, wich is west of Amsterdam...

I will hear from you... and have a nice time there (wishes in front) ... Amsterdam is a very nice city..

From the airport Shiphol it takes the train to Amsterdam Central... about 5 minutes. We have a strange type of ticket system on our train/bus/tram/trolly ... it's like the Oyster-card in GB...

Cherio mate...

Peter

Its an age thing

David

LOL... referring to the age of the keyholder I presume... orrr... you talkin to me? LOL.. :-D

Oh, One thing worth doing is keeping a new, or the Battery you have just removed, in the car. If the Battery happens to die for any reason when you are out and about the emergency key will get you in the car but a spare Battery may be needed to get you going again.

I keep a spare in the glove box, so small you don't know it's there. :)

Craig.

• Like 1

A quick reminder, if you double lock the doors and the key fob fails and you have to use the mechanical key. Then the alarm will sound. If only locked one and you use the mechanical key then no alarm will sound

David

• Like 1

Hi Peter

I am staying at the casa 400 hotel in the centre. I am over for the 50th anniversary of Radio Caroline coming on air and meeting up with the English and Dutch DJ's and engineers from the 60's 70's 80's 90's 00's to present day. Also the Radio Veronica people. I am sure you know of Radio Veronica. Their ship is in Amsterdam on Pier 1 and More history, REM Island was a dutch radio And TV station in the sea off Noordwijk Which was closed down by your government by raiding it, and has since been brought onto land and made into a restaurant. So its a Pirate Radio weekend. Would be great to meet you if its possible. Maybe i can call you when i am there and we could meet up

David

• Like 1

Yep.. that's ery interesting...

We lived in Zandvoort during the time of the REM island... Think it was the TROS..good memores of th TV films they broadcasted.. We had some lang metal pins on the receiver to get it.. It was so close to us. Do not remember if that was color or b/w... Color I guess... also first advertisements?

I think films like " The Avengers" Emma Peel & John Stead or so...

About RadioCaroline? / Radio Veronica ... I do remember that they were broadcasting from sea... But I hardly listend to music... so that's not a very vivid memory. Do remember Tineke... labalabalabab..bidibidibidie... " Koffietijd" ???

Sometimes there were tv-shows about getting food and supplies on that ship during high weather... :-)

In the papers yesterday there were all the DJ's and others.. an anouncement that something was coming.

Maybe (I will see if) I will go and have a look... if it's nice weather I can take my BMW C1-200 out for a ride... no traffic problems..

For now: have a great time there!!!

Peter

Well the key was very easy to pop open ...

Bought some new batteries via Interweb ... (www.voordeelba​tterijen.nl) ... so for 5 euros I have 5 new ones ... anybody need spare? In neighbourhood of west Holland... ? :-)

Here:

per stuk totaal 1 x CR1632 lithium batterij 3 V 5-blister € 7,98 € 3,00 (actieprijs € 3,00) - € 4,98 Voordeel Keuze: 1 stuks € 3,00 P/S Subtotaal inclusief BTW € 3,00 Totaal exclusief 21% BTW € 2,48 BTW 21% € 0,52 Subtotaal € 3,00 Verzendkosten € 1,95 Totaal € 4,95

Replacing was "a nice peace of cake" ... about 10 seconds work... and working as normal now.. :-)