Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pot Hole Damage

DBPC900

Resultant of pot hole damage I need a new or used wheel.

Thses are the codes on the inside of the wheel 7JJx17CH ET45Dot 42611 1174 A1517VR.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Paul.

post-128635-0-69032000-1393331847_thumb.

I think that style of wheel was available on more than just the 2.2. It was iirc also available on RAV4s too (which would also be the 5x114.3 PCD).

or if you are feeling flush a dealer should be able to provide a new one - probably £250-300.

How about claiming the roads dept/council for the damage?

Takes copious amounts of photo's of the damage, the pot hole and any street names and a witness statement if you have one.

Then send this in with a quote for your replacement wheel into the council claiming a refund. :thumbsup:

Its Oxfordshire Council and I will have a go at claiming.

The damage is on both near side wheels, huge buckles on the rims, and split buldging walls on the tyres. I have a witness who was a passenger at the time, the hole was difficult to see becasue of the rain and low dusk light, the hole was a meter long by half a metre wide and at least 6" deep. There doesn't appear to be suspension damage but the tracking needs realligning. As I was taking this snap another six cars at least all hit the same hole, I put my dayglo coat on and stood there a while until a farmer came along and put a couple of bollards in the hole. Which were promtly knocked into the hedge by the next van.

post-128635-0-27391700-1393341409_thumb.

• Like 1

Resultant of pot hole damage I need a new or used wheel.

Thses are the codes on the inside of the wheel 7JJx17CH ET45Dot 42611 1174 A1517VR.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Paul.

Sent you a PM.

Why do maunfacturers insist on fitting fragile alloy wheels to cars?

In my job, I occasionally have to go onto some challenging sites including quarries and waste disposal sites where there are large speed bumps to slow traffic and the roads are pot holed from the lorries. We are not allowed 4 x 4s so the Avensis T2 tourer with steel wheels was an obvious choice of company car.

The damage is on both near side wheels, huge buckles on the rims, and split buldging walls on the tyres. I have a witness who was a passenger at the time, the hole was difficult to see becasue of the rain and low dusk light, the hole was a meter long by half a metre wide and at least 6" deep. There doesn't appear to be suspension damage but the tracking needs realligning. As I was taking this snap another six cars at least all hit the same hole, I put my dayglo coat on and stood there a while until a farmer came along and put a couple of bollards in the hole. Which were promtly knocked into the hedge by the next van.

I hope the van driver suffered some damage which stopped him from driving a mile up the road, for his ignorance. From the photo the road is nearly straight. Does the road have a 60 mph limit? That may be the reason why the pothole cannot be spotted, but to hit cones?

I have been avoiding potholes recently and there are plenty.

Regarding your car, get the suspension checked especially the lower ball joint.

Hm, buckles usually could be easily fixed. Why don't you repair them instead of buying new rims? Would you post an image of the damage?

It may cost you less to send a rim for repair over here then send you back instead of buying a new rims. The postage would be like 1.5 euro per kg and the repair won't be more than 20-30 euro.

"Why do maunfacturers insist on fitting fragile alloy wheels to cars?"

more attractive & lighter.

I've managed through the advice and kindness from you chaps on this forum to buy a couple of used wheels, which should arrive in the next couple of days and I'm on the road again. If I can get these buckles knocked out I will because I want a set of winter tyres for a trip in May to Geneva, whats your location Georgi? I'll get those ball joints looked at too.

And after I get a couple more snaps of the broke wheels my claim shall be sent off.

That road is a 60 limit and because the hole was full of water it is virtual invisible, until just before you hit it.

And why is it some van drivers appear to be hell bent on killing people. Not all I hasten to add.

On another note I experimented with my wifes car today (don't tell her), going into London, about 70 miles, I stayed at 70MPH and coming home I did 80-85 mph. Fuel consumtion actually effectively dropped dramatically at the faster speed, according to the trip computer. Does anyone find the same on Toyotas. My Avensis T180 seems happy at 75ish and the trip stays around the 43MPG, should I go faster?

• Like 1

"On another note I experimented with my wifes car today (don't tell her), going into London, about 70 miles, I stayed at 70MPH and coming home I did 80-85 mph. Fuel consumtion actually effectively dropped dramatically at the faster speed, according to the trip computer. Does anyone find the same on Toyotas. My Avensis T180 seems happy at 75ish and the trip stays around the 43MPG, should I go faster?"

You can try it but I think that you'll find that fuel consumption goes up ...

It also depends upon power curve, gearing etc. but drag goes up as the square of speed ...

Even doing 60mph rather than 70 makes a noticeable difference in my car (tbh I don't think that this T27 is as fuel efficient as the T25 2.2 that I had).

I've managed through the advice and kindness from you chaps on this forum to buy a couple of used wheels, which should arrive in the next couple of days and I'm on the road again. If I can get these buckles knocked out I will because I want a set of winter tyres for a trip in May to Geneva, whats your location Georgi? I'll get those ball joints looked at too.

My location is Bulgaria and there are several companies that deliver goods between UK and Bulgaria twice a week. It costs 1 GBP per kg. I've been to the garage today and made the following clip to give you an idea what the repair process looks like:

But I have to show some images of the rims to the guys there so they can tell me if it can be done or not.

alloys can actually be stronger than steel. Take a look at some of the WIMIKs rolling around Afghanistan (google WMIK). There's a reason they have alloys fitted - and its not for cosmetic reasons.

Mod Edit

Land Rover produced the first WMIK variant of its popular military Land Rover 110 series, for use throughout the UK military. The WMIK (Weapons Mount Installation Kit) is a stripped-down 110 that comes with a series of roll bars and weapons mounts pre-installed. The WMIK is designed as a reconnaissance and fire support vehicle. Pintle mounts for various weapons systems allow the WMIK to be armed in a range of configurations.

That pot hole looks nasty, no wonder it did some damage. I don't know about your council, but mine only let you claim if its been reported and a car has hit it before they fixed it. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

That pot hole looks nasty, no wonder it did some damage. I don't know about your council, but mine only let you claim if its been reported and a car has hit it before they fixed it. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Think that is the same for other councils.

• Like 1

Hey! Here's an idea: deliver your claim to the council in a WMIK. That should get their attention.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links