Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading Tyres Advice

Cambridge John

I've chosen the tyres I want to use but they don't come in exactly the same size as I'm running now. Existing 265x70x15.

Has anyone fitted 31x10.5 onto 15 rims.

'95 2nd gen surf no lifts or arch mods. But currently using 30mm spacers. Have asked RoughTrax but they won't commit.

Hi John,

31x10.50x15 were a standard size offered in Japan.

I have them on my 2.4, I think most 3.0L have 16" rims tho.

Hope this helps.

Steve.

Hi John

I have had 31 x10.5 x15's on my 3.0ltr since I bought it 10 years ago and have BFG tyres, never had any problems.

The 3rd gen Surfs were fitted with 16" rims as standard and they will fit all the Surfs.

• 3 months later...

I have 94 surf with 15's running 31x10.5 maxxis buckshot mudders, awesome tyres best value for money tyre ever I reckon

• 1 month later...

2.4td automatic 1991surf...and 31/10.5./15 ..enduro MT.and no problem I got it like that but no problems. .driving like that anywhere. .but I think consumption of diesel its a bit more....

• 2 weeks later...

yes it will drink more but you have to decide what it is you are trying to achieve. stay with big tyres and risk extra fuel or go smaller tyres save on fuel but increase chances of getting stuck or have your cake and eat it to, buy a second set of rims and put your 4WDing tyres on them and only fit the rims when you want to get messy.

Thanks everyone. I went kuhmo mud pluggers in the end from RoughTrax. Keen price and arrived next day! Very pleased with the choice. Noisier but not much and in a good way. No noticeable diff fuel consumption. Off road, awesome. Hasn't set a foot wrong! Hills, water, mud no slipping no sliding just everything I wanted and more.