• Never had one
    • Used to but quit now
    • Social smoker
    • 20 a day
    • Like a chimney

Carrying on with the daft polls about life how many is there on here

you should of had one more:

tried smoking

i've tried but wasn't really my thing so.

never thought of that one can i edit?

i used to only as a social thing then realised how silly it was

yup an expensive worked it out i must spend £30-40 a week on smoking, gonna have to quit again <_<

Started on and off when I was 14!

Spent roughly the next 14 years trying to stop! Finally did it a year or 2 ago and never looked back. Tried patches and they made my cravings increase so I went cold-turkey and the cravings stopped after about a day.

I don't feel any better off though. I used to smoke roll-ups in the end though so it only came to about £5 a week.

&#33;Removed&#33; disgusting habbit - ever get into my car with a lit cigarette and you'll be straight out on the ground...... :ffs:

It don't look cool - you look a prat doing it....... :ph34r:

im usually on about a pack a day - more if im getting drunk...

i keep meaning to quit & save a &#33;Removed&#33; fortune but i cant be bothered.

J

never even taken a puff of a cig... but everyone to their own.. but as long as you dont smoke in my car or near me while im eatin... :P

Never smoked and wont have anyone in my car with a ciggy. :thumbsup:

iv'e been smoking 4 years this summer keep trying to quit but i always end up starting again

so thats £4.50 a day

£31.50 a week

£1638 a year

4 years arrhhh :o

I smoked for 30 years. Started when I was 16, because EVERYBODY smoked. The doctor, my parents, etc. Nobody told me how destructive the things were, just that you were a wimp without a fag on the go!

I quit the addiction 20 years ago,(let´s all face it, we were junkies!!) but unfortunately, it left me with bronchial asthma that I am coping with to this day.

Now, I cannot even walk behind someone in the street because of the awful smell!!

I am not preaching, just remember, we all get to go round one time and now I have my beautiful 2004, metallic green, 3 door auto. RAV 4, I want to enjoy it for many years.

Cheers,

ravster

iv'e been smoking 4 years this summer keep trying to quit but i always end up starting again

so thats £4.50 a day

£31.50 a week

£1638 a year

4 years arrhhh :o

dont know if you want to know this but i bought my MR2 Turbo for less than you have spent on your habbit! :rolleyes:

I gave up 18 years ago....that's how I managed to afford my first decent car.

So, work out how much you spend on smoking, then work out how much better a car you could get with that money.

See if smelling like an an ashtray and dying early is preferable to having a decent car. :thumbsup:

thats the first time iv'e added up the expense of it...SCARY

gonna have to stop soon cause iv'e got more important things to spend money on, i stopped for three weeks at the end of last year and i could smell it on people again, disgusting

then i did the stupid thing of going into town and getting ******, back on them again :censor:

occasional social smoke, but need at least a gallon to llose my sense first

Never had one.... never want one..... sooner we have no smoking in public areas the better! :ph34r:

booo... hisss.. i hate comments like that Dan...

I'm a strange one, i didnt start smoking until i was 19/20... now on 20 a day, and although i do want to quit for the money/health benefits, i do enjoy it, which makes it much harder...

People say smoking is 'anti social', well less so than drinking, i never start a fight cos i've had too many ciggies.. i never throw up on the street either... but it seems, getting wasted is acceptable, but having a quiet ciggie is not..

I mean, smoking pot seems to be more socially acceptable than ciggarettes, and there illegal (not to mention MUCH more harmful), and contain tobacco too!!

Oh, and before you start on the 'passive smoking', lets just be honest here, the average car churns out more harmful emissions, which you inhale, than any ciggarette (scientificly proven fact)..

I agree, restaraunts should be non-smoking, cos even i hate smelling smoke when im eating, but bars and pubs should be smoking, and dont even try and ban smoking on the street (even california havent done that)...

At the end of the day, if you dont like it, then stand upwind of me...

Hmmmmmmmm interesting comments well i tried it didn't like it so i never have had another.

Don't really have a problem with people smoking except in places where you eat. Sometimes it is a bit much if the bars haven't got a decent ventilation system but apart from that it's ok. Never let anyone into my car if they have a ciggy on. Interesting comment fidge agree with the bit about drinking i'd hate things to be changed as i enjoy a drink but it does cause allot of distress and harm to allot of people.

you should of had one more:

tried smoking

i've tried but wasn't really my thing so.

and what about made a few filter tips wet behind the bike shed? :unsure:

never tried smoking nething. tobacco or gwan dont really see the point in it tbh...

i'm a bit skeptic about the smoking in bars and clubs bit. i reckon its a thing to do in bars so its ok there, but not in clubs.

i h8 comin home & havin my clothes smell of smoke, plus avoiding drunks with cigarretes isnt something i like to be doing on a nite out!

-Z

plus avoiding drunks with cigarretes isnt something i like to be doing on a nite out!

-Z

ahh, but if they wernt drunk, it wouldnt be an issue...

So surely your issue is more to do with people being drunk than smoking???

from a smokers point of view id say ban it in all restaraunts, but not in pubs and clubs because if you go out clubbing you have to accept that people like to smoke when they drink so it should be accepted

plus avoiding drunks with cigarretes isnt something i like to be doing on a nite out!

-Z

ahh, but if they wernt drunk, it wouldnt be an issue...

So surely your issue is more to do with people being drunk than smoking???

well it kinda goes hand-in-hand.

i only mentioned that because it sitcks in ur memory more when a drunk ciggy burns u and walk off! :ffs:

but i don't mind most people at all even if they're drunk. i don't smoke but hang around with m8's that like to get plastered, they have dun since we were about 15.

i spose u could say well if they had adequate ventilation in the clubs then it wouldnt be a bother gettin home wi ur clothes all smelling. being a smoker u prolly dont realise but they do smell loads!

-Z

yeah man, i cant stand the smell of me the next day iv been out,

Never Smoked, and dont like people smoking in my car.

But dont mind people smoking, everyone to theirselfs