Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb Stick - View Artwork?

geetarman

Hello Y'all,

New member with a 2014 Yaris Hybrid.

I am unable to view album artwork via the USB stick on the Toyota Touch system.

I have tried with MP3's and WMP files both with the artwork embedded.

I have found a previous post where someone suggested to enable "show hidden files" for the folders on the PC before copying them.

Have tried this but still does not show.

I have also tried putting the jpeg of the album cover separately in the folder as well.

So............my question is can anyone confirm whether they are able to view album artwork on the Toyota Touch screen via a USB stick?

If yes........... was there a workaround which enabled you to do this?

Thanks !

Hello--The artwork is embedded in with the MP3 or WMP format -- I presume it's a jpeg?

Is this what you mean.

Just realised ...did you mean the "Tag" format it is ID3 ver 2.2

Fish arounded and found this:

My touch screen wasn't displaying any album art when playing music files from a data stick, just the image of a treble clef.

The same music files are on my sony mp3 player and the album art displays on the screen on that and both were synched using windows media player (all the album art displays in the library view on the PC too).

I've managed to get around this so others might find this useful. I noticed that if you change the folder view settings in windows so it shows hidden files you magically get to see that in every album folder there are some files labelled album art (small and large).

If you simply copy the music onto the usb stick by either drag and drop or file-copy rather than synching with WMP it also copies over the album art (but only if it is visible by turning on the "show hidden files"). Having done this the album art displays on the touchscreen in the car for every track.

Yes--Thanks -- that is the post I originally referred to.

I have tried this and it didn't work.

Although the artwork shows when I play the files on the PC I am not seeing any artwork (separately) when I enable show hidden files in the folders?

Perhaps it is the program I am using to tag the files (MP3 Tag)

How have you formatted your usb drive ?

FAT32

It reads the files OK with the artist name title etc.... just not the artwork.

Re-format your stick, set as show all files then put on your music in album folders and try again.

This is strange. On my Rav4 with a USB fitting i got all my wife's CD's, 1000's, loaded/burnt them into my home pc, only a few mins each disc, i plugged the USB stick into my pc and just dropped all the music files into it which was really quick. The end result is on my car is shows all the songs on the CD, the album covers on the central sat nav system, does this help at all?

At Raistlin--Tried a reformat did not work.

Hello Yes that helps (at Mike 169) so I now know that it will work -- Although mine is not the sat nav version it is the "Toyota Touch".

Can I ask what program did you use to burn the CD's and what format (MP3 or WMP?)

Hi Raistlin, just to mention i am not a 'techy' person so perhaps it was a bit of luck but i am pretty good on PC's and can work things out....it would of been MP3 i believe as i have never seen the other format. Basically when i put the CD into my PC, from memory it asked what i wanted to do with it so i told it to rip it, with my PC loaded with many CD's i fitted the USB stick and again from memory it came up with removable E drive or something, i had to keep moving the page/mouse it if you get my meaning and i literally just dropped each CD into it and it took say 20 seconds to burn/transfer each CD now in the car there is a fill description of the CD, what the track is called and if they were not original CD's but copies one or two have pretty giroscopic pictures in tune with the music show up which looks good.

Opps sorry i forgot to put to put my previous post was aimed at Alex, sorry i misread it's sender......apologises!

Would software are you using for ripping and to what format ?

Like i say i am not 100% a techy but i know my way round a pc and good at researching but i have my limitations...........the best answer i can give is i am still running Windows XP and i know in it it has Windows Media Player, a program within the program so i simply just used that as a default to use.....CD in shute, click 'Rip', within a very short time all the tracks on the CD are in my C drive and appear on a page under 'My Music', then the next CD, then the next etc, etc. Soon i have a page full of CD's so i insert the USB stick, it comes up as removable E drive and i physically drag each CD onto the E drive and drop them in having to move the E page about to be able to pick up each CD off the page underneath as one is on the top of the other do a bit of dragging is involved.

Next time i do it i'll write it down step by step and repost.

When i put the USB in my car i can pick which album, which track if i want, exactly the same as when i bluetooth my phone then i can see all my contacts, all their full phone numbers are displayed and is idiot proof if you like, the UCB stick display is as easy to use as the phone and if a certain CD had a picture on it then the photo on the cover/CD shows up as well.

Touch & Go Plus shows album art - I think that it's because of the Gracenote functionality. Does the basic T&G have that?

No it's cool, if you are using Windows Media Player then it will be WMP files.

you can rip to mp3 in WMP.

you can rip to mp3 in WMP.

I was thinking of default mode :)

OK Thanks everyone--Update

I normally use "Nero" to rip the CD to MP3 then "MP3Tag" to attach the artwork and ID3 file.

I tried a different program and also used windows media player to rip a CD exactly as Mike169 suggested.

Still no artwork showing -- just a little USB stick and MP3/WMA logo.

I have therefore come to the conclusion that you cannot view artwork from a USB stick on the Toyota Touch system--maybe it is only the Touch & Go on which you can view artwork from a USB stick (as Heidfirst suggested in his post-Thanks).

I know it is not a big thing in the grand scheme of things but it is annoying.....................

I can view the artwork from my Ipod but this currently has 98GB and it is a pain to search through and also remove from the car when I want to use it indoors.

Also the ipod has loads of estranged files which I should have cleaned up but never got round to !! ( Don't ya just love itunes) !!!

As no one has replied (yet) to say that they have the "Touch" system and can view the artwork from a USB stick I am presuming the above is correct ?

I will maybe buy a smaller ipod for use in the car (as this will now irritate the hell out of me) --Thanks for all your replies.

Now about the Yaris hybrid mpg.............................................................OK that's for another thread.