Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Wiring Diagram

dave j

anyone help please, UK RAV4 series 1. As there is no Haynes Manual for this model (UK) where on earth do I get/buy a WIRING DIAGRAM?

I spent £100 on the body and engine manuals from Toyota dealer only to find they do not contain a wiring schematic?

Primary need is for wiring harness colours for connecting tow hitch.

Thanks for looking,

dave j

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

I can let you have which wires are for which electric connection in the tow hitch socket in a rav4. I will try and bring in the key tomorrow for you-sorry i dont have complete wiring diagram. I wonder if you could help me. How and where do you feed the electrical cable from the hitch socket outside the car to get it into the electrical loom in the car? I can only find a ~1/4 inch hole to bring the cable from the channel just under the boot (above the towbar) into the RHS arae above the wheel where the wuiring loom is. does this require drilling in order to get the cable through?

thanks

shaun

Hi its not always easy to run the cables so you may have to make a suitable hole or enlange one that is already there, protect the cable with a suitable grommet also i don't have the wire colours to hand but just pull out the light fitting left and right and look for the wire colours, make sure you get correct colour wire as they may change after a few inches at a plug for the lamp assembly. I would test the wire before making a permanant connectin to check its the correct one.

Hope this helps

PS The wires to the 7 pin socket are standard and i can supply if required

thanks

any idea why toyota make it so difficult-afterall there must be a large proportion of RAV4 users who have and who will have towbars-it would seem the logical thing to make the car "towbar friendly"

wiring diagrams can be found in the Haynes manual no 92082 isbn 1563924528 you have to look for this book in www.amazon.com books to find it

wiring diagrams can be found in the Haynes manual no 92082 isbn 1563924528 you have to look for this book in www.amazon.com books to find it

Also toyota have a tow bar loom which plugs into the car loom on the drivers side rear panel and a new relay for a repeater in the dash board it does work as i have one fitted by myself, I fed the cable up through the holes in the body work to the rear panel.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links