Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urban Cruisers With Sat Nav

Paul Gi

Anyone got a Sat Nav unit in their Urban Cruiser? When I got mine, it was mis-sold to me and as a compensatory apology, Toyota supplied my car with a TNS510 Sat Nav system

Unfortunately I've found out map updates ain't free (or cheap!) so I'm curious to know who's got what and/or if they have swapped out their Toyota Nav Systems for 3rd Party Alternatives

The majority of manufacturer sat nav updates are neither free nor cheap.

The majority of manufacturer sat nav updates are neither free nor cheap.

That's the annoying part about it - I was just a bit shocked because I purchased the TomTom app on my iPad (when I had it) and it would update its maps/POI's/Addresses etc free of charge for life as I purchased the app itself

I just assumed this would apply to all Sat Nav's as well - obviously it was wishful thinking on my part!

Are Toyota's map updates relatively up-to-date? And when would be the best time to purchase map updates?

That's the annoying thing with sat navs. Even with the portable TomTom's, Garmins, etc, a one year map update subscription can be almost as expensive as a new model. Although some now offer lifetime map updates (with a definition of lifetime that is dependent on memory available, etc).

I would kill to swap out my current TNS510 unit with the Toyota Touch & Go Sat NAv units however I am aware that due to different wiring (new platform versus my U/C's previous gen platform) that it isn't compatible...

The second generation Touch & Go is due later this year, with a larger screen. The larger screen will mean that the CD player will become optional, and if chosen as an option the CD player will either be installed in the glove box or at the side of the centre console, depending on model.

• 3 weeks later...

hi my name is aftereight i have owned a Toyota high ace imported van it is a 1994 classed as a camper.just had a new engine fitted and since then the orange oil can with the wavy lines under it keep coming and then goes off.can anyone help me please as someone said it has two sumps but i dont know weather this is right or wrong can anyone help me out on this please?thank you in advance

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links