Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Rearview Camera On 2.2D-Cat 177Ps (2007)

tent

Hello,

do you think it would be possible to fit one of those interesting eBay platheolder rearview cameras in a 2.2.D-CAT 177PS Avensis from 2007 (SolP i.e. with navigation system)?

What I mean is: does that navigation system already foresee a video input for a camera? maybe there is even already cable running from the platheolder to the front pannel behind the navigation system (because they maybe foresee that in factory already for all models)?

Thanks in advance,

Tent.

Can't help with your actual question, but having had a couple of cars with reverse sensors and my current car with the stock reverse camera I reckon sensors are better. With my camera there's no lines or anything for a guide, and there's no warnings at all if you're near anything - they're only good for stopping distance (like reversing up to a post, or stopping flush to a kerb etc). The sensors however warn you of anything you're close to - both rearwards and sideways. I suppose the camera is a bit more flashy tho.

I've not fitted sensors to a T25 but have fitted the cheap twelve quid eBay ones to a T27 which only took a couple of hours, and they worked flawlessly. There was info on the toyota tech website for placement and how to pick up the power.

Hi, thanks Alan.

But I was into a camera more because I was worried about stories of kids running right behind you while you backdrive and many friends that have that kind of cameras were recommending it.. I also saw some of those eBay cameras have the red/yellow/green lines that state the distance and I would definitely go for such one.. but wanted first of al be sure my Navigation screen has the input for it!

Tent.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links