Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T27 Seats

tarunzback

Hi everyone

Is it just me or has anyone had problems finding a comfortable driving position. I am 180cm tall, and find that the seating surface downward sloping angle towards the back is a bit too steep for me and I am struggling to get myself comfortable in the driving seat.

Have had the car since November last year and driven around 3.5k miles and have endlessly fiddled with the seat and steering adjustment, but no joy so far.

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks

I'm fine & I've driven several hundred miles in a single stint.

Don't know if my T-Spirit may have more adjustments than yours?

Mind you I'm only 173cm.

It is also not comfortable to me but I have some spinal cord problems so that may be the problem.

I am also 180 tall and have no problems. I set the seat first to give me the best comfort for the foot pedals and a slight recline of the back rest, I am usually sat fairly well back. When I am in a comfortable position with this I then adjust the steering wheel reach and rake, my arms are almost straight at the quarter to three position on the steering wheel. I have done 5 hour stints, save for a comfort break, without any problems. Overall I find the seating very comfortable as a driver and front seat passenger. I moved from a leather seated Honda Accord EX and find the seats in the Avensis at least equal to that. Recently had a 2012 Passat for a week and that was no where near as comfortable.

Thanks lot Scott, Georgi and Mike for your input.

I will try the approach used by Mike to set my seat. Doing a day trip to York over the weekend and will let you know how it goes!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links