Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Auris - Delayed Delivery

Dabooka

With the Yaris, in December 2013 Toyota adjusted the spec levels to fall more in line with other models (Active, Icon, Icon Plus, Trend), and now the mid-life facelift is coming within a few months of the adjustment.

Well our decsion was to cancel the order, based mainly on the actions (inactions?) of the sales staff again. Didn't want to know or find anything out, we discovered more through this thread that what they offered.

Final straw was when he suggested to my missus they may have to review the trade in value once she pointed out a service and brakes would be due before JULY (last date we were givenf or dleivery).

£22 grand order, and he didn't want to know. It's a strange world....

I've never found sales staff to be particularly clued up about the products they're selling.

Two instances from a while ago:

When we two Nissans, and I'd had one car serviced at one dealer, I was approached by a salesperson to see when I was looking to change. I was aware that a new Sunny was coming out in the May, and said I would be looking at that. He denied all knowledge and took the stance that dealerships would know when new models were being launched before the public. Sure enough in the May the new Sunny was launched. The next time I was in the same dealership, the same salesperson came across and apologised for being wrong.

When I was in the market to replace a 3 year old Primera, I looked at the Honda Accord. Very nice car, but quite expensive.I was also aware that the current model was being replaced, and that production was being moved to Japan. The saleswoman, again, denied all knowledge and stated that the Accord would continue to be built at Swindon for the European market. Sure enough, the 7th generation Accord came out, and was built in Japan.

At the end of the day, sales staff are more interested in just making a sale - a future release doesn't help them with their monthly targets.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, everyone, I'm new here but not new to Toyotas :)

On the 23rd of April past we went to our local Toyota dealer to find out a few details a new Auris.

I got a few quotation print outs and today (5th May) I went with my deposit for a new Auris Ecxel.

I was then told by sales that there is going to be a new model of the Auris, a few small changes and other than that they don't know anything more about it.

I was told that the 0% finance wouldn't be included with the new Auris and they would contact me in a few days when they find out more.

I was/am very disappointed at hearing this and I was getting a good deal with this Toyota dealer as well.

Sales said, I would need a new quotation for the newer model and I am now afraid that the deal for me mightn't be as good next time round.

I said I was happy to take the present model of the Excel but they told me they can't get one.

So what am I suppose to do do now?

Thanks in advance.

My car an Auris Excel Touring Hybrid arrives on the 9th. I am guessing it will be the current model as it was ordered on the 13th March.

I would have thought that there should be some in the Toyota network somewhere, but I suppose gone are the days of fields of cars waiting for buyers. I really hope your dealer sorts something out for you.

Hi,

I suppose your right about the days of those acres of new cars waiting for their buyers.

I don't know whats going on. I'm at their mercy. I rang a few other Toyota dealers and they no nothing at all about the Auris face lift.

How is it they then know about the 0% finance being taking off the new Auris?

Thanks.

• Like 1

With Toyota, marketing incentives run in three month cycles, and the current one will cover the period April/May/June. Dealers don't know what the next quarters incentives will be until literally a few days before they are due to commence.

Dealers won't know any details on the Auris facelift until nearer to the launch date - which is said to be sometime in June - and they won't communicate any details to customers before Toyota announces the facelift.

Dealers will only be interested in selling cars in the current quarter, as they are target driven, and certainly won't be encouraging people to wait up to two months for the facelift. They also won't admit that a facelift is due, as, again, that can affect their sales targets in the current quarter. So if a dealer is saying to you that the facelift won't have a particular sales incentive, they are quite clearly trying to get you to commit to a sale now.

None of the above is limited to Toyota - all dealer networks do this.

Hi, I was willing to give the deposit for the new Auris I came to buy but they weren't interested in taking it.

If they took the deposit I was happy with the deal we made, now, no deposit might mean thay can take the sale or not.

Surely that cant be right.

Yes it is right. You're being quite naive in expecting to do a deal on that basis.

No dealer is going to take a deposit on a car where:

1. they don't know the launch date

2. they don't know the price

3. they don't know the specifications in terms of engines, equipment, etc

4. they don't know what sales incentives, if any, are going to be applicable

5. they don't know lead times for ordering or delivery

6. they also cannot be sure that, when the above information is in the public domain, whether the car in terms of looks, spec, etc, will actually be what you are looking for

Given the above lack of information, they won't be able to formalise the order by completing the required paperwork. What do they put on the order??

Yes, I understand all you say, that makes complete sense but we made the deal on the present model, it was that one I went to buy today, its was today they told me about the new facelift model. I said the current one is fine with me but then they told me they cant get one now. So where does that leave my deal. That's what I meant by not being right.

Thanks.

All models can be affected, production of current models has stopped and new models are being made now, Toyota issued a bulletin to dealers last month listing what stock levels where left and stating that all other options will have to wait for new model launch around June time.

Orders that cannot be fulfilled now and factory orders will be substituted with the latest spec and price promised aswell, orders taken after the bulletin was released are not included in the price promise.

Production of the existing specifications ceased in March, and a bulletin was issued to dealers in February detailing what stocks were in place at that time and the process for factory orders (ie a car being built to order) placed up to the date of the bulletin.

If the dealer cannot fulfill your order from existing stock, you do not have a deal.

Yes, I understand, but they would have know that when they made the deal with me, just less than two weeks ago.

Thanks for the advice.

Your original post said that you went into the dealer on 23rd March - I take it that would have been April.

Whenever you first went in to get information, as it wasn't an order you were placing at the time, they would probably not have checked stock levels.

Back in September 2009, we test drove a Kia C'eed and were quite interested. However, after the test drive, when we were talking around a deal, the dealer checked stock levels, and discovered there was no stock available until mid-November at the earliest. We bought another Toyota instead. Just one of those things.

Hi, yes, your right it was 23rd of April. I know, I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Thanks.

If, you had a choice, would you go for the current Auris Excel or the Icon Plus and why?

Thanks in advance.

Why I ask is because, to change me up there is something like £300/£400 in difference between the two cars.

Right, knowing the spec difference in the two cars, the current Excel and the new Icon Plus, what one would pick :) ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links