Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Tyres

DAVEXT5

Please can someone tell me what tyres I should have on my Rav4 2.2 d-4d xt5 on 07 plate.

I have just looked at my tyres and here is what I have on:

x4 Yokohama Geolandar G91

X1 Bridgestone Dueler H/T 687 (on OSR)

They all are 225/65R17 101H, however when I put my reg in on the black circles website it shows me 235/55R18 H99

225/65R17 101H is correct - check your handbook since tyre guides can be wrong or show alternatives that might have been available. The Geolander and Dueller tyres were original fitment by Toyota on this model.

I agree with gjnorthall 225/65 R17 Geolanders are what i have on my Rav4, i am guessing someone has picked up the Dueller as a spare and needed to fit it. I actually bought brand new a full size wheel and Geolander to have a matching set.

The Black Circle site figures are either wrong or they are an upgraded size, an optional extra if you like.

Mike

The black circles site appears to me to be showing the T180 spec tyres.

225/65R17 101H is correct - check your handbook since tyre guides can be wrong or show alternatives that might have been available. The Geolander and Dueller tyres were original fitment by Toyota on this model.

Thanks for all your replies, I think I will just buy two Geolander as one is worn and replace the Dueller so all 5 are the same.

• Like 1

A good move IMHO to get rid of the Dueler tyre. I have them on the back of my RAV and they produce what for me is excessively high road noise - The Michelin Latitude Tour HP's on the front are silent by comparison.

Cant wait for the Bridgestones to wear out.

John

Hi DaveXT5,

I bought my Geolander from my local Toyota dealer as their price was very good and 24 hour delivery and they fitted and balanced for free.

Regards Mike169

A good move IMHO to get rid of the Dueler tyre. I have them on the back of my RAV and they produce what for me is excessively high road noise - The Michelin Latitude Tour HP's on the front are silent by comparison.

Cant wait for the Bridgestones to wear out.

John

Tyre noise is a funny thing. There have been a number of threads on here over the years on the subject. Your comments about the Duelers & the Latitudes are interesting.

I ran Duelers on our 4.2 5-dr for the 11 years that we owned it and they were fine: good wear, grip, performance and noise was never an issue. Having said that though, I bought a 3-dr 4.2 second-hand from Mr.T with 27K miles up in May, 2011 and the racket which the tyres made was pretty awful. Funnily enough they were Duelers but Mr.T told me subsequently that they'd come across the noise problem before with various makes of tyre and reckoned that sometimes if they get flat-spotted (e.g. by sitting around for extended periods of time, used on short runs where they don't get up to operating temp regularly, or otherwise abused) it isn't always obvious and can result in noise problems. I put a new set of Cooper CS4s on the car & it was blissfully quiet thereafter.

I think the moral of the story is that if you buy a used car that has an abnormal level of road noise, it's worth having the tyres checked out. I'm aware of cases where simply swapping the tyres front to back has eliminated the problem. Obviously the harmonics between the tyres, wheels & suspension components can alter significantly front to rear and in each corner of the car.

Some posters in the past have reported the Latitudes to be noisy and I've avoided them in the past for that reason. But, as I say, noise is a funny thing and not everyone would agree with my view on them.

Wow @firemac that's a novel :toast: but thanks for the reply

• 3 months later...

I have changed my front two tyres recently and thought I would update this topic

I had Yoko Geo G 91 on the car and decided to stay with the same.

I have always been pleased with grip/ noise level with these tyres

Although I don't look for longevity particularly, they have lasted 39000 miles mainly motorway which I think is very good for front tyres which do 90 % of the work on any car 4 x4 or not.

I think they suit the series 3 rav well and have done well for me in various weather conditions including snow and very heavy rain.

I paid £136 fitted per tyre at my local Kwik Fit who matched the on line price.

Hi all, my first post here in RAV section...

There is so many great tires out there but so many people seems to stick wit duellers, lattitudes or geolandars for some reason. Duellers are just garbage, please have look at Hankook ventus st rh06, not only that they look great they are not to expensive too . Note that these are performance tires with very good life and very low road noise, just done 6000 miles on 4 of them, plenty of life left and to be honest I never had better tires fitted to 4x4. These are all season tires and being performance and directional tires means they offer exceptional handling on any surface. As my wife said when swapped to hankooks: 'I think at garage they made some upgrades to the steering in our rav, its so much better car to drive now'...

Give it a try, you want be disappointed, cheers.

I would hope that after 6000 miles there would a lot of life left! I don't think any branded tyre can be described as garbage these days.

agree 6000 miles will proves nothing, would you feel more assured if I had done 30,000 on them? My friends have and they reported more than 1/2 tread left...

Please look into any new Continentals cross contacts or Michelin lattitiude tour hp's - way overpriced with some reasonable handling, some warranty but bad customer service when it comes to claims and also average test results.

Duellers are average in every aspect, with very high noise levels, short life - mine done only 27,000miles and also very expensive for what they are. Premium brand tire does not mean premium handling, great performance etc - this is just marketing.

Ventus st rh06 are all season performance tires and they can go 60,000 miles which is exceptional, and if you have had chance to drive on performance tires you would have known that 'normal' tires just cannot be compared in terms of handling to performance ones.

I only wanted to make good recommendation and point you guys towards other brands with fantastic products. Just like some Maxxis tires when you are on the budget. Maxxis tires are also simply underrated.

cheers

• 2 months later...

Hi all I need 2 front tyres tomorrow going for a 30,000 service Think Toyota want £155 for the geo's do they price match or do I go elsewhere after the duel mass went on my old rav4 many years ago at 2 grand I don't want to give them more than I have to......

I think it's really down to the individual dealer. Mr T in Reading price match tyres against Kwik Fit and all the others in the block !!!

But you cant beat buying them on line from companies like Camskill, even with delivery charge and fitting charge added on from someone like Kwik Fit, it still works out cheaper.

But you have to weigh up the saving against the hassle of taking the new tyres to get them fitted etc !!

I just get the new tyres delivered to my local tyre fitter rather than to my house ...

Had a price match off Mr T and a 30,000 mile service and 2 geo's g91a for 135.. each fitted same as quick fit price so not bad bill came to £450.00 also getting 2 rear shocks done on warranty so to be fair had a good day with Mr T premier in Llandudno north wales

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links