Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Mount Upgrade

aaronfife

Windows 7 has a tool called Snipping tool. Simply select the bit of screen you wish to record and save it. Simples.

Craig.

• Like 1

7? ...... ? .... oh yeah, I remember..... :-P

Ah, You all went to 8 did you? I tried it, briefly, wasn't for me. :)

Craig.

• Like 1

8 is yuk! It certainly won't help an engine mount upgrade and it wasn't for me either.

8.1 is what 8 should have been if they had listened to us beta testers...

I recon they are listening now, 8.1 with is forthcoming update complete with start menu and a few other things, might just be worth upgrading to. Remember, death isn't the end!

Aaron, good luck with the engine mounts, I hope it all goes well and has the desired effect.

I know I have been using it for a while now,

The quote is Death is only the beginning.... ( see my signature )

I recon they are listening now, 8.1 with is forthcoming update complete with start menu and a few other things, might just be worth upgrading to. Remember, death isn't the end!

Aaron, good luck with the engine mounts, I hope it all goes well and has the desired effect.

Thanks I'm very determined to resolve this issue which I believe, will transform the drivability of the IQ. I'm going forward to try my best to remove as much as possible to stiffen up the whole front end. Going to have chats with my mechanic to see what's what soon enough :)

Sorry Raistlin, I'm not that good at latin, but I was nearly right. :oops:

That's why it's in Hebrew, Russian and Japanese in case people did not have a classical education... :lol:

Ah, You all went to 8 did you? I tried it, briefly, wasn't for me. :)

Craig.

Nope... it's 8.1 and it really is a lot of goodies.... and after some learning time and getting used to... a very good basis for working on.

In my case it's "gaming on" ... :-D

For gaming BF4 in "ultimate"... grinnn.... :-)

I have a dual boot Mac book. Win 7 and ios

Every time i boot to win i get the offer of 230 updates then anti virus update then messages " you are at risk" oh and my toolbar has changed The first 5 mins is cancelling things before attempting anything i wanted to do on it. Boot up in Mac and it comes on in 5 sec and just works. No nagging no slowing down, no cant find printer. It just works no extortionate upgrade just £20 for a whole operating system that works first time perfectly. No broken DC sockets as the Mac 's magnetic.

David

If you allow the Tuesday updates you won't have any issues but I won't try to convince you ...

You are so kind Raistlin, I should have looked at the other languages, I speak many languages and they are all bad! "Death isn't the end, it's only the beginning." Is it? Maybe it has something to do with engine mounts? (Just trying to keep on topic here)

That's why it's in Hebrew, Russian and Japanese in case people did not have a classical education... :lol:

Cant remember what the subject was

Ohhh yea engine mounts. Sorry

David

• Like 1

No apologies necessary Raistlin,

a lot of threads go off topic for a while.
Holding to some of these rules too tightly can spoil the fun. Providing it goes
back on course and the deviation is after the problem is mostly resolved, no
harm done. I used to be an admin on a fairly large computer site and we all
tried to keep to the spirit of the rules, not the letter. Some rules would be
enforced very strongly, racism, rudeness etc would not be tolerated, some mild
bad language would be ignored if appropriate.

Anyway, you are the moderator and we must abide by your view of the rules

here. So, I hope Aaron is sorting out his engine mount problem without too much
difficulty.

• Like 1

I don't mind, long as it goes back on subject happy days! Been in touch with few companies and looks like one will be getting ordered soon when payday comes then will get it booked in and try fill as many mounts as we can :D

• Like 1

Silly question but how much would factory mounts cost ?

Silly question but how much would factory mounts cost ?

Not a silly question as I couldn't tell you! A new mount for my old C2 was £74 ex VAT!!

• Like 1

Arron

Having looked at the manual. Are we talking about the pressurised engine mount? It shows methods for testing it for leaks whilst on the vehicle. it also shows how to remove it using a trolly jack and a block of wood. Can get a price from MR T on Monday for you but i think you should be sitting down first

David

• Like 1

David - I haven't fully looked into it as of yet, was trying to get more information on they mounts and the whereabouts to gain access to them. I'll be definitely filling the gearbox/dog mount bush which I've done on various cars in the past with ease and great results. I've also done my last cars top mount supporting the main engine weight and just jacked her up, another jack on wood under sump and lightly pressurised it then removed the main mount. All was good. But with the IQ I doubt it will be this simple. The mount to the left seems to be the main mount like my last car but until I read through the guide and ask for more advice - I'm not going ahead.

There isn't any rush for me to go ahead so taking it slowly before taking the plunge. Just because nobody else has done it before on here I'm walking my ground carefully :-/

• Like 1

I can mail you the method in the workshop manual with illustrations if it helps

David

• Like 1

If you don't mind that would be very useful.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links