Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Install Touch & Go Auris Hybrid

psc

Hello All!

Thanks very much for any and all advice! What a great forum!

We recently purchased a TOYOTA AURIS (AU3) T4 5 DOOR HATCHBACK 1797cc (2012) HYBRID ELECTRIC. This was the basic model that does not come with the Touch & Go system. I want to purchase a used Touch & Go and install it in the car.

My questions are:

Does the touch & go system have a GPS receiver built in to the unit or does a separate receiver need to be installed?

Does the reversing camera option connect via bluetouth or would I need to install a wire from the rear to the front?

Actually, I just spoke with Toyota and they told me to call a dealer. The dealer told me that my 61 reg version of the Auris cannot have a touch & go system installed.

He seemed very confused however as he had never heard of a 2012 Auris without a Touch screen.

Isn't it just a question of powering the unit (like a computer) and possibly plugging in a receiver? So, unless the power plug for my basic radio model is physically different from the power plug on the touch & go system I don't see how it is a problem.

The shape and size of the basic radio/cd player looks to be exactly the same shape and size of the Touch & Go system. The internal brackets also look to be exactly the same.

I have attached two photos from our 2012 Auris with current radio and one from another 2012 Auris with the radio we would like to install.

Any advice/help will be much appreciated!

Thanks thanks thanks.

post-85805-0-25988900-1396602723_thumb.j

post-85805-0-70679400-1396603018_thumb.j

Correction: the Touch & Go with its surround fits exactly the same space as the basic radio.

Another correction: actually it looks like my model has less touch buttons on the steering wheel than the version with the touch & go system.

I have a copy of the Auris Hybrid brochure (dated January 2012) and that shows Touch & Go for both models. Probably yours is an earlier production model that wasn't registered until sometime in 2012.

As regards the steering wheel, yours has the standard fit wheel for the non Touch & Go stereo.

• Like 1

thanks frostyballs!

So, it looks like we can't upgrade unless we have some serious work done like changing the steering wheel. Well I suppose we can always buy a tomtom.

At least with a TomTom or Garmin you can get a unit with free lifetime maps. Usually car manufacturer map updates are quite expensive.

• Like 1

As you have discovered the Toyota Touch screen cannot be easily ( without extreme expense ) be fitted to your Auris. The Touch screen was a factory only part as the fitting involved a different steering wheel, vehicle wiring harness, interior lamp, tail gate, tailgate handle etc, the "go" navigation was the optional part.

See http://www.toyota-tech.eu/Aim/Aim.aspx?pubtype=AIM&menuitem=3 if you select:

"Auris"

"2010/01 MMC Gen1"

"Installation manual"

"Navigation systems"

Here you can the options for your car plus the optional "Go" nav for touch screen cars.

• Like 2

Indeed, I just got a new Auris with the Touch & Go and I am not really impressed...

1. Slow to start up

2. Expensive map upgrades @ £109.00

3. Poor traffic camera alert warning beep with no apparent way to change it?

4. Primitive traffic updates via FM radio commercial stations

5. I have failed so far to import any destinations either direct, via their website or from address in my Android phone phone book.

In my last Auris I had an after market dashboard JVC unit fitted which was so much better other than map updates that were £80.00

• Like 2

Hi Everyone,

Thanks, Devon Aygo, for the links to the Toyota-tech website. Yes, it does look like a complicated fit. Actually, IM35461,

I was thinking about after market options. Is there any sort of plug and play touch screen that doesn't need to integrate with the steering or engine etc...? Really it would just be nice to have a sat nav which fits into the dash and a bluetooth connection for the phone which I could interface with by touching the screen. We've decided to install a fairly simple audible reversing sensor so we don't need the video either.

Thanks!

I just installed an after market pioneer system with no sat nav.... Just connect my smartphone to unit and use my phone Nav free sat nav app, free from play store.... May updates free also.....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Toyota OC mobile app

post-64213-139686529383_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Re touch screen, audio, bluetooth, GPS ,DVD with free map upgrades via SD card at around £500 fitted. Works though standard "CAN" interface check this site http//www.carvision.co.uk. Looks fine China made may be. They will give a demo and you can then decide to book a appointment. All info on web site. Hope to get one fitted next month!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, I'm new here so please forgive any 'greeness'.

My query is about 'Touch & Go': I cannot find DEVICE ID- checked (as per quick ref guide) SETUP -GENERAL-SYSTEM INFORMATION -However, on going through that procedure, I only get as far as GENERAL which does not show SYSTEM INFO....

All that's on that screen is language -screen capture etc., etc., Can anyone advise please?

My ultimate goal is to install SAT NAV - my screen displays SYSTEM NOT INSTALLED when you press the SatNav button.

The dealer says it would cost £800 to have it installed,! -Surely that's not the case? I would have thought it's just a software purchase which I could install myself and then pay for the map software....?

I would appreciate any help whatsoever- just had the car about a week and love it!

Sent from MattAuris7

iPad using Toyota OC

Hi All, I'm new here so please forgive any 'greeness'.

My query is about 'Touch & Go': I cannot find DEVICE ID- checked (as per quick ref guide) SETUP -GENERAL-SYSTEM INFORMATION -However, on going through that procedure, I only get as far as GENERAL which does not show SYSTEM INFO....

All that's on that screen is language -screen capture etc., etc., Can anyone advise please?

My ultimate goal is to install SAT NAV - my screen displays SYSTEM NOT INSTALLED when you press the SatNav button.

The dealer says it would cost £800 to have it installed,! -Surely that's not the case? I would have thought it's just a software purchase which I could install myself and then pay for the map software....?

I would appreciate any help whatsoever- just had the car about a week and love it!

Sent from MattAuris7

iPad using Toyota OC

Adding Go navigation is not just a software update, you have to purchase a navigation ECU and GPS antenna, see: www.toyota-tech.eu select repair then accessory installation manuals pick your model etc and the fitting guides are there.

You cannot access a device ID as you don't have nav fitted therefore no device ID

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry Chaps, link to after market touch and go system is www.car-vision.co.uk. Try the link and see whats on offer

• 1 year later...

I bought a new Auris Hybrid Excel in Sept 2014. The sat nav is useless and Toyota even more so. The 5 year warranty is very selective. I will go back to VW :disgust:

I bought a new Auris Hybrid Excel in Sept 2014. The sat nav is useless and Toyota even more so. The 5 year warranty is very selective. I will go back to VW :disgust:

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club, and Goodbye - enjoy your Volkswagen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 7 years later...

Having just bought a used Toyota Auris it appears there is no satnav on the touch screen. Can I add this and what would be the cost?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links