Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Celica With 165000 On Clock

walkers21

I'm looking at buying a 02 plate celica with sport and dynamic pack, Fsh and 165000 miles on the clock, I'm going to look at it next week is there anything I should look out for and what sort of price would you say it is worth? Thanks

Hi, Andy..welcome to T.O.C., I'm from Notts too.

Do you know about the oil burning issue that affects the 99-02 VVTi engine?. Much better to get the face lift model (52 plate on) if you can. If you're referring to the 140 rather than the 190, the 140 has a much nicer, as in darker interior, and better front brakes, than the pre face lift VVTi.

Kev.

Ok thanks for that, is it best to avoid pre 52 plates then? I'm only planning to do around 3000 miles a year in it.

I would, now that the cost of buying a pre or post face lift is so small. There's no way of telling if a pre face lift is an oil burner, so why take the risk?. A replacement engine may cost more than the car is worth!.

Been to view car today it's got Fsh 8 years with toyota so had regular oil change etc, its got a few scraps to paint work and its got exterior pack fitted but some needs clip to fix as come loose can u buy these? All electrics work and seems ok to drive but I'm no expert, also h can see brakes through alloys and they are rusty is this a problem, and it's still on original clutch. Any ideas what it could be worth? Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links