Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible Worn Clutch?

shellyvvti

Oh dear I think I spoke to soon!!

The wife has just come back and said there seems to be a problem with the new celica 140 I just bought yesterday!!

I took it out for a drive and she is right, under hard acceleration but not always the revs will go up but the speed doesn't increase. I think the clutch might be worn out it's on 130k.

If anyone has any other ideas on what it could be and advice would be very welcome. also does anyone know of some good reputable and cheep garages to get the replaced?

Regards Jon.

Last time I enquired about getting a clutch changed on a Celica (prob about 5 years ago) it was £350 for Mr Clutch. Hopefully someone who's had one done more recently will be able to give a better estimated price, but I'd guess it's more like £400 now.

Do you know if it's had the clutch changed before from the service history?

If it is the original clutch, then it is most likely its slipping.

Hi, Jon.

I know of a reputable guy on celica-club.co.uk who would be able to fix your 140. He is based in Birmingham, and is a Celica enthusiast if you would like more details.

I have met him personally, and he can be trusted implicitly.

Hi thanks for the replys. I have no evidence that the clutch has been replaced but I would guess that 130k is good mileage for a oe clutch?

I have bought a Blue Print 3 piece clutch for £60 today and a garage by me will fit it for £200 which I think is a good deal?

@ scarlett arrow thanks for the offer mate I would like to take his number for the future if anything else rears it's ugly head.

Regards Jon.

Edited by Raistlin
Mod Edit - Conduct this type of communication via the PM system.

Hi all.

Thanks for all your reply on this topic I can now confirm it was the clutch that was worn out causing it to slip.

In the end it cost £60 for a blue print 3 piece clutch and £200 to fit and now it feels like a new car!!!

130k out of a oe clutch is quite good I think.

Once again thanks to all that have helped.

Regards Jon.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links