Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seat Drawer

Xophe

Hello,

Yesterday I installed drawers under my front seats, which provides a convenient storage room for a lot of small stuff.

I bought them 21.50£ each, freight included.

I know that all Scion IQ have drawers, but nobody speaks about them on this forum.

Could it be that all British IQ also include those drawers ?

post-136862-0-38763200-1396872856_thumb.

• Like 1

Hi Xophe,

They look good, where did you get them from? I never knew these were ever fitted anywhere in the world.

I bought them from China, at this address. But there are most probably many other vendors...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/curze-hatchards-the-family-storage-box-seat-storage-box-pitalua-refit-drawer/784013906.html

The quality is quite good: the drawers translate on good metallic slides with ball bearings

There are Velcros under the slides, which easily secures the drawers on the carpet.

One spring per slide is provided to ensure an automatic closure of the drawer.

However the slides must be screwed on the drawers, and the screws have been poorly recut, making the assembling a bit tricky.

Also, the airbag connectors would hit the back of drawers when the seat is moved full way forward.

Using pliers, I bent the metal sheet where the connectors are secured to lift their front extremity.

Alternatively we could also cut the back of the drawers to reduce their height.

Christophe

• Like 1

Under seat drawers a nice handy touch !

I had an underseat drawer in my first Smart and it was very useful!

When I look under the seat of my IQ there is quite a "bundle" of wiring, would this preclude fitting a drawer as Christophe describes?

I have the same connectors (may be more, because my seats include heating).

That is what I explained in post #3: the connectors could push the drawer and open it when the seat is moved full way. (however springs will return the drawer when the seat is moved back).

So it would be better either to lift the connectors by bending their support sheet, or reduce the height of the back of the drawer.

Christophe

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links