Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashboard Rattle

alanpostman

my car has developed an annoying rattle coming from the dashboard. Ive had my partner press on all parts of the dash while im driving and still can't find where its coming from. Anyone else had this problem as its doing my head in. Never rattled when I first got the car 18 months ago.

Mine does but it's more of a "when the sun expands house gutters noise"!

I know that's random but it's more of a creaking when the inside of my car is very warm it creaks. (I like the interior roasting)

mine seems to rattle less when it gets hot. but when I go to work in the morning its at its worst.

Has the seal around the windscreen got any gaps ?

Rattles are funny things. You think it's coming from the dashboard. In fact you are certain.

But I'll bet even money it's coming from somewhere else. The reason you haven't been able to find it is because you are probably looking in the wrong place.

Take everything out of the car from the door pockets to anything behind the seats and ask your partner to press various bits of internal trim especially ones you think "it can't possibly be that" and you might get lucky.

This advice comes from an experienced rattle finder !

Mine does it on certain road surfaces, it's the clear perspex covering the speedo if I touch the perspex it stops.

I had a dashboard rattle last summer, it went when i banged the dashboard hard, then stayed away this winter !

Its' an IQ traite ! I have given up bothering about it too much !

• Like 1

If you simply grab the surround of the display and pull it, it comes off completely in seconds. There are 2 philips screws, one each side. You could just check on these first. There is a fair sized void behind the display which if required easily comes out after talking 2 plugs off. You could tightly pack this void with dense foam or other material. All assuming the vibration/rattle is coming from that area

David

• Like 1

Mine does it on certain road surfaces, it's the clear perspex covering the speedo if I touch the perspex it stops.

I second that.

I have had to put little slivers of rubber in the corners of the perspex covering the speedo, to stop it rattling.