Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Service Items

bobkneale

As Promised - Comparison Toyota quote for my IQ service on the phone today as follows:

Toyota Service Cost Quote My IQ - 40,000 Miles:

Below Shows various options:

Service Full = £195

Service Full (+) £255 (Includes Plugs)

Pollen Filter = £39

Plugs x 3 = £57.49p

Brake fluid = £39

Total Toyota = Full plus additional items - Pollen Filter & 3 Plugs & Brake fluid change

= Total £331

If I just went for Full (not Full +) and

pollen filter + 3 plugs would be

Total = £292

-----------------

I have decided to let Toyota do the service instead of doing it myself (just have not got the motivation to mess about myself with car services anymore to be honest) it is was a classic car rebuild that would be a different level of motivation !

So will spend about £300 that includes a full service plus pollen filter plus the spark plug change. so I am spending more than is actually required to get my IQ all 100% up to scratch as I plan to keep my IQ for a long time. Also plan to look at fitting PIAA silicone Wiper Blades, and put in some ZX1 and BG44.

I will review things again in another 12 months and decide from then on what is the best course of action going forward.

Sounds reasonable price wise if you don't want to tackle it yourself.

The only one I would not looking forward to do from the list is the spark plug replacement; that involves draining the coolant and removing the throttle body...

Sounds reasonable price wise if you don't want to tackle it yourself.

The only one I would not looking forward to do from the list is the spark plug replacement; that involves draining the coolant and removing the throttle body...

The novelty of doing those jobs has well worn off over the years, I used to love taking Jag XJ 6 auto gearboxes apart once per week and re fitting V8 engines into very small cars, now that was real fun in my book ! Fiddling about now with a little Toyota IQ now seems like the most boring job I can think of ! I am letting Toyota deal with it !

• Like 1

Got my IQ serviced today as per above posts and asked for old filters and plugs, the pollen filter was very bad and the old plugs looked very badly worn to me after 40,000 miles even though they were not actually due to be replaced.

So that's me sorted for 12 months !

I find the condition of the old spark plugs to be quite surprising. Are they not supposed to last 60k miles?

Therefore they should also not need to be replaced for quite a while...

Worries me as my car is on 60k and have not replaced them yet.

Any improvement in performance or economy?

You cannot make an assumption they are worn out, Iridium plugs look like that from new with thin electrodes and tips

Kingo

Below is my initial "draft list" of my DIY IQ service items for this summer with some "approx" costs.

What have I missed ? and all comments welcomed:

1) Oil – 0W-20 Mobil No 1 - Fully synthetic oil - 5 ltr

2) ZX1 oil treatment - £22 – 350 ml

(buy from Halfords)

3) Oil Filter - £ 25

(Buy from Toyota)

4) Oil Drain plug “O” ring & gasket £10

(Buy from Toyota)

5) Oil Filter Wrench 64mm ? - £ 25

(Buy from Toyota) ?

6) Air Filter - £ 15

(Buy from Toyota)

7) Pollen Filter - £ 50 ?

(Buy from Toyota)

8) Spark Plugs X 3 - NGK Laser Iridium SPARK PLUGS - £70

(Buy from Toyota)

9) Fuel System cleaner BG44K - £22

(Buy from Amazon)

10) Spare IQ Bulb pack - £30 – One bulb each type.

(buy from Toyota)

11) PIAA Silicone wiper blades X 2 (front only) £40

Total Estimated Cost = £340

12) Brake pads £100 ? (full set if needed)

Grand Total all Items "estimated" Cost MAX- £440

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep an eye on those rear discs too, they wear quite quickly and could cause an MOT fail if not replaced when below their wear limit. Not too expensive, but it all adds up.

• Like 1

That seems to be only compatible with the 1.4 D-4D engine?

From their store, the correct air filter seems to be THIS ONE and the pollen filter THIS ONE.

In that case it is an error on behalf of the Toyota Official Store, as they list it as being for the IQ.

In that case it is an error on behalf of the Toyota Official Store, as they list it as being for the IQ.

Easy error to make, as I understand that the IQ has the diesel engine as an option in other markets...

You cannot make an assumption they are worn out, Iridium plugs look like that from new with thin electrodes and tips

Kingo

Fair comment, perhaps then they were not as bad as they looked, ? I have chucked them away now and will not concern myself re spark plugs for at least another 40,000+ miles .Based upon my 5000 miles per year thats another 8 years away !

Easy error to make, as I understand that the IQ has the diesel engine as an option in other markets...

True to a degree. However, the item was advertised on the eBay UK site, and the diesel IQ has never been sold in the UK.

Here is a picture of a genuine Toyota pollen filter that fits the IQ. I really can't see why the diesel one would be different, it's the same basic car and the heater assembly is inside the car.

You can see the part number in the photo too. I paid around £36 from my local dealer.

Craig.

post-116364-0-99337000-1398253082_thumb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links