Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest Recall Query

topgazza

So my Yaris was registered July 2005 and recall says any manufactured after January 2005 may need some work. I put my reg number in and it said "good news your car isn't required".

I know they can store cars for a while, mine is a French build, but more than 7 months ? Is there anyway of telling what month the car was built from the V5 please ?

With 10,339 UK registered Yaris and Urban Cruiser models built between January 2005 and August 2010 being affected, this is only a percentage of these vehicles sold.

As the recall has only been announced today, I would do the recall check again in a few days just to ensure it has the most up-to-date info.

There is a way to get the manufacturing date from the VIN, but just wait and do the above.

Thought that would be thing to do as well frosty. its likely to be "safe" but I will recheck and wait and see if we get a letter of course

So my Yaris was registered July 2005 and recall says any manufactured after January 2005 may need some work. I put my reg number in and it said "good news your car isn't required".

I know they can store cars for a while, mine is a French build, but more than 7 months ? Is there anyway of telling what month the car was built from the V5 please ?

Give me your VIN number and I'll tell you your build date if you like.

• Like 1

The recall checker an the Toyota UK website is up to date for every thing except the info for Rav4, your profile shows you have a MK1 Yaris ? these are not included in the latest recall only MK2 Yaris are included at present, the difference in dates comes from the fact that the information released is for all the MK2 Yaris world wide, in other markets the MK2 was launched earlier than in the UK where the MK1 was still on sale, do not rely on the press to give you accurate info, they over hype and over generalise the info to make a bigger story than actually exists.

• Like 1

Thanks peeps....

I've used the Toyota checker and will do it again in few days. Interesting that one of the recalls is for Yaris's from Jan 2005 onwards so in theory my car could have been included. VIN tells me it was made in 2005 so that why I thought it may be included. But then I read only 10,000 cars are affected.

I'll wait a few days and try again but I agree... media will always hype it up. its not as though other car makers don't have recalls. But Toyota's figures always look "bad" because of the sheer volume of cars they sell.

We have the Mk1 Yaris, the most reliable and bullet proof of all the Yarisususes! :yahoo:

Funnily, a lot of people I know think it's good that Toyota are doing so many voluntary recalls; Compare this to say, Ford or Peugeot whose cars have had lots of serious problems, but not serious enough for a mandatory recall, so they do nothing or deny the problem exists!

I agree... never had a problem with recalls as such. Its a good sign that they are on the ball. Only issue we have ever had with our MK1 Yaris is the terrible road noise on wet roads where it sounds like the water is in the car and the clangy noise when shutting doors and hatch door. Very poor sound proofing, if theres even any installed :laughing:

Other than that its a brilliant car with that magic digital display