Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Facelifted Yaris Due In May 2014

FROSTYBALLS

Last week, Autocar highlighted that the revised Yaris had an early revealing in a Japanese brochure. They stated that Toyota has confirmed that minor styling changes inside and outside are due to be offered to UK buyers from May, and that the entry price of £9995 will remain.

Will the faceluft also include the re-worked 1.0 litre engine from the new Aygo?

Presume the facelift will also include items such as a tyre pressure monitoring system, which are due to become mandatory for all new cars within the UK from November 2014.

This info may mean that deals on the current Yaris may be keen between now and the facelift going on sale in May.

Typical :-/

I'm in exactly the same boat, but be reassured!

Toyota earn their money from spending a great deal of money on engineering they cars to be as cheap to make as possible. Given that, a major overhaul is unthinkable. I suspect that there will be a few cosmetic changes, which if you look across all cars are not always upgrades - often just change for the sake of change. The hybrid drivetrain in particular is unlikely to change, but if they find a way for the CO2 to drop below the magical London congestion charge 75 g/Km, I will be annoyed.

There will definitely be tyre pressure monitoring of some sort, but you can add that for £100 if you really want. And the cheaper ABS systems are a bit rubbish anyhow.

David

I have a Mk1 and if they beef up the soundproofing and give the doors and hatch a better shutting sound than that a loud clang I may well consider one... oh and put the digital speed display back :D

I have a Mk1 and if they beef up the soundproofing and give the doors and hatch a better shutting sound than that a loud clang I may well consider one... oh and put the digital speed display back :D

I'm another who likes the digital display. But the Mark1 ride over rough surfaces is pants... On the other hand it's tough and easy to maintain ... and hardly rusts.. Our 12 year old one is spotless - well nearly - underneath and it's still on its original exhaust...

• Like 1

I've always been mystified by people who like the digital speedo. For me, I always feel that it will be slower to react than a normal gauge and harder to read when changing speed. It just feels a bit more instant and 'human'. I suspect though that this is just perception, as I guess that most speedos now are electronically linked to the car. And it also screams to me: "We couldn't be assed to properly engineer the car for LHD and RHD!"

I will give you two things - when I was in university, another student loved her Yaris partly because her Mum in the passenger seat couldn't see how fast she was going! And the storage in the Mk3 is pitiful compared to the 79 different glove boxes you got in the Mk2.

Then again, it's amazing how you can adapt to changes like this, and I deliberately haven't given myself the opportunity.

• Like 1

Fair points but I always felt that the eye/brain reads a number quicker then it can assess where a dial is. But maybe its just a Marmite thing ? I still prefer the Mk1 body style over the latest ones but i'd be interested to see what they do with the new one

I think the centre digital display in my Mk1 find it much easier to read than the wifes Auris .

• 2 weeks later...

Nice front, ordinary rear... but OK, lovely interior if thats the general quality across the range, no digital display but that was only a dream for me and I didn't expect it. Be interesting what the prices are. Tough competition now

Phones my local Toyota and no info as of yet... their sales manager is off to a meeting this week so am waiting to hear more....

Might hold of the purchase until May.

Cheers, Steve

I can't see the facelift model being offered until July at the earliest seeing as the current 0% offer runs until end of June for vehicles delivered before end of September..........and until it is officially announced I doubt there'll be any extra incentive to buy the existing model........bit awkward for such as me looking to buy in the next 6 weeks or so.

I find this part of the market a bit frustrating. Expensive and before haggling not much cheaper than their bigger cousins. Also they all suffer, with a couple of exceptions from noise and heavy depreciation. Maybe its because my wifes MK1 Yaris is still rock solid. Be it all suffers from bad road noise, as I said before, do they even put any sound deadening in them.

9 years old this July, 63k on the clock. drives well, goes well and no sign of age anywhere... but one day it will have to go. So my view on current choices...all very much IMO of course

VW Polo - oozes class holds it value better than others but expensive

Yaris- Not liked the MK2 as didn't see any real improvement over refinement and quality over the Mk1

Fiesta - WhatCar keeps raving about its great drive but a nice shape spoilt by the cheap plastic Silver bling of the interior and hard seats... very, very expensive despite discounts

Corsa - No thanks

Audi A1 - yeah, right

i20 - Actually not bad, well priced but not quite there

Jazz- Noisey and expensive to service.... expensive

...and so on

• Like 1

I can't see the facelift model being offered until July at the earliest seeing as the current 0% offer runs until end of June for vehicles delivered before end of September..........and until it is officially announced I doubt there'll be any extra incentive to buy the existing model........bit awkward for such as me looking to buy in the next 6 weeks or so.

I’m in the same boat as you... I’m not overly fussed but if I can get the newest (with it’s claimed slightly improved finish inside) on 0% it would be a bonus, if not the current model is pretty enough.

Cheers, Steve

I find this part of the market a bit frustrating. Expensive and before haggling not much cheaper than their bigger cousins. Also they all suffer, with a couple of exceptions from noise and heavy depreciation. Maybe its because my wifes MK1 Yaris is still rock solid. Be it all suffers from bad road noise, as I said before, do they even put any sound deadening in them.

9 years old this July, 63k on the clock. drives well, goes well and no sign of age anywhere... but one day it will have to go. So my view on current choices...all very much IMO of course

VW Polo - oozes class holds it value better than others but expensive

Yaris- Not liked the MK2 as didn't see any real improvement over refinement and quality over the Mk1

Fiesta - WhatCar keeps raving about its great drive but a nice shape spoilt by the cheap plastic Silver bling of the interior and hard seats... very, very expensive despite discounts

Corsa - No thanks

Audi A1 - yeah, right

i20 - Actually not bad, well priced but not quite there

Jazz- Noisey and expensive to service.... expensive

...and so on

Indeed, also the bigger models do seem that bit nicer inside...

I also looked at the Rio as I think they are a better looking car then the Yaris, but the poor visibility is a let down.

Will see what the local friendly dealer can find out.

Cheers, Steve

Forgot the Rio... good effort I have to say but yes, visibility a bit of a let down for us as well. High hopes for the new Yaris...

As regards the facelift, Toyota confirmed to Autocar it would be available to UK buyers in May. As regards the current 0% finance, it is common for models to overlap slightly until stocks of the old model are sold - this happened with the first generation/second generation Auris, and for a few weeks both generations featured on the Toyota website.

As an aside there is a new i20 being launched later in the year.

• Like 1

And a facelift Polo this year plus a new Jazz.

The new Jazz will be built in China for the European market (as was the later production of the first generation for the UK).

The Polo is a facelift of the current one - engines from the Up! to replace the current 1.2 three cylinder unit.

A new Mazda 2 and new Skoda Fabia will be due this year (with sister versions of the Polo and Ibiza to follow in 2015/16).

A major facelift of the Vauxhall Corsa is also due in 2015, and Fiat will be expanding the Panda range to replace the Punto.

So this market sector will be fairly busy over the next 2 years.

The new Jazz will be built in China for the European market (as was the later production of the first generation for the UK).

The Polo is a facelift of the current one - engines from the Up! to replace the current 1.2 three cylinder unit.

A new Mazda 2 and new Skoda Fabia will be due this year (with sister versions of the Polo and Ibiza to follow in 2015/16).

A major facelift of the Vauxhall Corsa is also due in 2015, and Fiat will be expanding the Panda range to replace the Punto.

So this market sector will be fairly busy over the next 2 years.

• Like 1

It's an additional vehicle we're looking for, so no PX involved.

After 4 months of looking we can't find anything that is 'just right'. Despite my concerns about 17" wheels and low seat/entry my wife had settled on an Auris Hybrid but since finding these forums I've kinda cooled to the idea. The Yaris Hybrid (had a test drive a few weeks ago) is nice enough but falls too short on equipment levels when compared to the Auris and I'm not sure the Hybrid is worth the extra over the Multidrive Icon+, as such, just before Easter I'd become 99% happy with the idea of a Yaris automatic Icon+, albeit with an aftermarket armrest and some reversing sensors off the web. However, the new update with what looks as if it'll have a better feel interior has stopped me in my tracks, that hard grained plastic stuff across the dash/doors does feel and look downmarket..........so I just don't know.

On another aspect, Toyota Dealers, (we've visited a few) all seem nice enough but none have been happy to play ball with the price. Whilst I've not pushed any of 'em too hard, they all seem to think that around 2% off for no PX is a good deal...............on your bikes lads...........we got into the Toyota scene a couple of months ago when we travelled a distance to see a dealer advertised 2012 VersoS, it had gone but the dealer had another (not our colour), test drive went well but I felt it was overpriced and pitched in for a £500 discount on the £11k price. Dealer wouldn't budge so we walked, surprise surprise, he called 3 days later, 'ok £500 off'. In the mean time another had cropped up locally at just under £10 so no deal. The original vehicle we had the drive in is now on the pitch at £10k and the guy turned down my £10.5k offer! Similar story with the local Verso, dealer wouldn't move on the price as he was convinced it'd 'move' quickly, well, 6 weeks later it's still there!

Anyway, with the 0% and £750 discount, coupled with Internet Broker prices, I think new rather than used is the way to go if it's going to be a Yaris (or Auris)?

• Like 1

Thanks guys... lots going on as usual in the market. What always surprises me is that when well published problems with cars, cheap interiors, road noise, weak engines, rubbish steering etc all most of them do is tweak the front grill and add bluetooth. But it would be interesting ton see what happens with some of those models. The promise of a quieter, better suspension and interior for the Yaris probably gets my interest more than most of the others

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links