Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More Light On The Subject

Just a few pics and a big thanks to David (Tarquin) for modding my interior inferior light dome. You know what he does, so won't bore you's with that. Not easy to pick up on camera but I would estimate an increase of light at 60 to 80 percent better, and that is really down to the focal area of the dome light itself. I could pick out individual grains of grit in the car mats... really? By the way, for the centre console pic with the three controls on, it was pointing down, for the top of the dash on the second pic it was pointed at the CD slot, then between the seats to show what's in the back it was pointed at the back. Who'd-a-think it? What a simple (for David) mod, and yet so liberating.

post-113536-0-80212100-1397175355_thumb.

post-113536-0-96209600-1397175363_thumb.

post-113536-0-98351100-1397175372_thumb.

post-113536-0-96249100-1397175380_thumb.

post-113536-0-91158600-1397175387_thumb.

David supplied one for our iQ (what seems like years ago now !!), and it does make a massive difference (and so easy to swap out).

Can't thank him enough :thumbsup:

Dave

One of the best mods so far on my IQ was getting this done :-)

• 4 weeks later...

check my 'bright lightroom' if you want more brightness in the dark iq :)

check my 'bright lightroom' if you want more brightness in the dark iq :)

Ho do we do that? Is there meant to be a link or pictures?

Buy from eBay a 5m led strip (prefered waterproof) and cat5 cable about 3m ,see my pictures and if you want more pictures sent me to sent you in email

• 3 weeks later...

Push comes to shove, David's modification of the eyeball light and the rear compartment emitter remains the most effective and most "stock" appearing lighting modification to come down the pike. Not the cheapest by any means, but quality costs up front and pays out at the end.

We've encountered few iQ owners since we've bought the car, but all who have seen our lighting situation have a uniform reaction: "Wow!" Some might be put off by the price and difficulty of obtaining David's work, but they are all envious.

In addition to the car owners we've encountered, I've also extolled the benefits of the modification to Toyota USA. We have been assigned a case number, but I'm not betting on any response. Still, hope springs eternal.

And, I've still got the one eyeball, David. I'll ship it off to you eventually (it's packed up for our move right now).

Terry's (Sensha) mention of the "eyeball" mod being the dome light, turned out expensive for him because he is in Texas and the shipping costs were high for it to be recorded delivery and because i loaned him one, and when he sent he's to me it incurred an additional £27!!! Import duty half the cost of a new dome light from Toyota. Im not going to go about UK border control but how can they put a price on an item of which they dont know the manufacturer or part number

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links