Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Us Blinker Module

Speed_Chaser

Hey!

I ordered and received a set of US blinker modules. They make single filament blinker bulbs to stay on constantly as parkers and then start blinking when blinkers are turned on.

mb_3_18___ms1.jpg

They need to be connected as follows:

mb_1_6___ms1.jpg

But what for is there an optional relay? Should I install it or not and what will it do? I'm not very good when it comes to electrics...

Also, how will I be able to disconnect them if I need to? Will it be enough to disconnect one wire, for example negative (-), or will I have to disconnect all wires and make straight connection with blinker wire in order to make my blinkers work like before?

Cheers!

• Like 1

That optional relay is actually a double switch that allows you deactivate blinkers to work as parkers as long as parking lights are switched on, so it deactivates the module.

I'm just curious if this module lights the blinkers at a reduced power, in parking lights mode; I suppose they do.

• Like 1

Thanks Tavey, so you mean if I will have the relay I will have to remove parking bulbs? And if I want blinkers to work normally I install parking lights back? Is there any way to deactivate the module without relay, for example by disconnecting one of the wires?

Yes the blinkers are working in low brightness mode (max. 50%). The brightness can be adjusted as shown in the picture below. Need to test if the module can be turned off by turning the control switch all the way to lowest position.

mb_1_9___ms1.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Tavey, so you mean if I will have the relay I will have to remove original parking bulbs?

You're welcome, Alex; yes, if you don't want to have two pairs of front parking lights .

And if I want blinkers to work normally I shall install parking lights back?

Yes again.

Is there any way to deactivate the module without relay, for example by disconnecting one of the wires?

Yes, disconnect "standlicht" (parking light) wire and turn signals will work like before.

Don't try to disconnect ground wire, blinkers won't work at all, because the module has electronics inside.

The brightness can be adjusted as shown in the picture.

This is very nice and useful , indeed.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your help once again. If you're interested, you can get a set for yourself from here. But I think you could do boxes like this yourself as you know so much about this stuff :)

Yeap, it's very simple to make a module like this without any electronics; you need two resistors 5 ohm/5 W and four diodes 5 amps each.

gallery_83611_1654_29833.jpg

You can activate and deactivate your module from inside the car, modifying the diagram in this way: add an on/off switch on dashboard and two 5 pin relays near modules; when the switch is pushed, only original parking lights are on, when switch is up, only blinkers light up as parking lights.

gallery_83611_1654_39605.jpg

• Like 1

And here we go again :D I knew this! Very tasty, but I would end up with too many switches if I made one more. And also, my skills aren't still good enough to do this, even you did draw so nice diagram for me, sorry my friend :)

Probably I will let them stay on together with parking lights anyway. I will get a positive feed from another parking lights which are now routed into my blinkers to work in the same way as the module, only that there is now parking light bulb which is always on, and blinker blinks normally when I turn it on. Obviously I won't need those extra parking lights anymore so I can contact them to the module without damaging original parking wires. When I want to disable the module, I will simply insert parking bulb into the extra socket and relay will cut power from blinker and disable the module :)

Try to replace actual blinkers bulb (P21W) with another one double filament (P21/5W); of course, you have to change the sockets too. This is the simplest way, you don't need any module.

Allready tried, but where to find correct socket? I did not succeed :(

Are you talking about something like this? I believe no, because it did not fit. Bought it from a shop :D

BAY15D-kanta.jpg

Yes, these are the sockets that I'm talking about, you can replace blinkers' sockets with these, adjusting their holes with a small file.

Hmm, guess I will have to investigate this one more time. Need to take a look at them once again :)

I tested the module, works fine. It is possible to adjust brightness so that it only glows very slightly. In daylight cannot be seen that it's on without taking close look at bare bulb. Inside te housing I think it's totally undetectable. I think I will fit these when got time!

On double filament installation there is a problem how to disable it when needed. Also the base differs quitea lot from original so small filing wouldn't be enough.

• 3 months later...

Hello, i have been struggling to make a module like this, i have found the right rezistor (10W, 5,1Ω ), but not the right diode. You guys say a 5 amp diode, but the diode i found says 1,5kW, 250V, 5A. What about the other values? how do I choose the right one? Please help

BY 550-50 up to 550-1000 means that this type of 5 amps diode is designed to work at 50...1000 V, so, in your case (12 V) voltage doesn't matter.

I am planning to install the modules as the sockets would require quite a lot of modifying to fit. What will happen if I will connect red and yellow wire from the module? There is an optional line between in the diagram.

Where in the first place do I need to connect the yellow wire? My german is bad.

Is it possible to make blinkers blink the way they would with double filament socket? Dim-bright not off-bright.

• 2 weeks later...

hey speedchaser.the German words mean,That you have to cut the Wire ,which goes to the turning lights. then put the yellow wire and then your Box, then the cable of the Box to the turning light.

Write me a pm if you want to translate more

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Toyota OC

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links