Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Kuhmo Road Venture Kl51 Tyres

ALake

Anyone used the above? I've got 4 Yohohama Geolander G91's on at the moment and the front two need replacing. I assume I'm ok to replace the front pair with another make, but £140 each for the Yoko's has made me look around and the Kuhmo's are around £100 each - I've have them on a previous car, but wondered if anyone had any experience with them on a rav?

To a large extent - you get what you pay for. The Yokahama is a top brand tyre which was an original fitment by Toyota. The Kumho is a budget / mid range tyre and probably one of the better ones. They're lower rated than the Yokahamas in terms of wet braking, fuel economy and I would guess tyre life.

• Like 1

In the dozens of tyres I've ever bought I've generally found very little difference in real life usage from premium brands to midrange ones. I tend to steer clear of the cheapest wing-Wong brands though!

For example I had contis on a Vectra and they were rubbish in the wet, so I swapped the front and backs and found the much cheaper infinity branded tyres gave better wet grip, so it can really vary from car to car! And I went sideways a bit in my rav at 20mph on a greasy corner on these yokohamas so I'm not that impressed! Real life opinions will be interesting if anyone's used them on their rav.

In the UK, Kumho started selling tyres at the budget end of the market to establish themselves in the UK. They have certainly moved up to being a mid-range brand in the UK.

They supply OE tyres to Mercedes Benz (Sprinter vans, Viano MPV, A-class and Actros commercial vehicle) for the European and North American markets, VAG (some versions of the Polo), and, of course, Hyundai and Kia.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links