Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Avensis T27 - Phone Charger Issues

Airfan

Hi *,

I am experiencing very strange problem with my new Avensis. I am not able to plug almost any of my car phone chargers. They simply do not fit the hole of the cigarette lighter. I've found several models that fit the lighter but neither of them fit the hole in the arm rest. What do you use to charge your phones/tablets and does the plug in the arm rest work for you?

Cheers

I don't charge things much in the car but I found my HTC cigarette lighter socket to usb adapter works in the armrest charging point but only works in the cig lighter socket in the ashtray if I wiggle it about.

Tried a Sony, an HTC & a generic & they all work in both the lighter socket & armrest outlet.

• Like 1

It appears my socket is malfunctioning. I've got Toyota wi-fi hot spot router mounted in the arm rest and I think they may have got the power from the socket and forgot to reconnect it.

Do you have a USB socket if so this can charge your phone as well as connect it to the Audio system ( if capable )

• Like 1

Do you have a USB socket if so this can charge your phone as well as connect it to the Audio system ( if capable )

Yes, it has but didn't tried to charge the phone with it because usually I am listening to music using a flash drive. Will do this tomorrow...

The strange thing is that if you have charger like this one - it doesn't fit the socket.

belkin1.jpg

The charger shape must be like the one below:

00046616abb.jpg

My generic is like that Belkin (except that it has 2 USB sockets) - works fine in both sockets in my car.

My belkin micro charger fits both sockets fine.

I've checked my chargers on a test car in Toyota dealership today and it is working fine so on Thursday I have an appointment to fix my socket. Thank you for the input!

A connector was not well connected. It was fixed today. :euro:

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hibi have had my 2010 avemsis 3 years now the usb in the quater compartment use to charge my phone fine but it randomly stopped so I got am apart so I could use the cigarette lighter but that don't work either. It stoll lights the !Removed! lighter up but will not charge a phone as it they're all dead.

Anyone know why why it use to work fine. Checked it and there is power there just no charge.

Hi Keith, welcome to TOC :smile:

I take it that you have tried various cables in case it is the cable that is faulty?