Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D4D 2.2 Not Starting

aliben

Hi guys, new member and amateur mechanic so patience please.

Got a 55 reg d4d 2.2 avensis. 275000 miles.

bought it cheap as non runner.

car broke down, aa diagnosed flat Battery and alternator not charging.

1 month ago, it would only rev as long as I kept cranking. As soon as I stopped, the engine would stall. Yesterday, I put a good Battery, it cranked very strong but didn't start nor was I able to rev it even while cranking.

Opened the diesel pipes nuts at the injectors, diesel coming. Ohm tested injectors, here is what I got (on the 200 setting):

nmbr 1 and 4 : 01.2

Nmbr 2 : 00.3

Nmbr 3 : 00.5

The meter rang for all injectors.

can anyone tell me if they are within specs, what would be the next bit to check and also where can I get a repair manual for it.

many thanks

At 20 degrees centigrade the resistance across the injector terminals should be between 0.85 & 1.05 ohms.

The latest most up to date repair manuals can be accessed at www.toyota-tech.eu the access is payable by the hour, day. week e.t.c, but is reasonably priced and all documents can be saved in PDF formats.

Hi Devon, Thanks for the fast answer. Did a bit of work today, Ecu relays all working but no electricity coming to none of the injector sockets . Mate believes driver injector faulty. Called some Breakers, told us £120 and that is a common fault with most Toyota. Is it correct and is there a way to test the driver injector. Many thanks

I have seen a dead injector driver, this will set a fault code in the engine control memory, have you had the fault codes read?

Make sure that the injector driver unit has exactly the same part number as the original, I have seen breaker swear that the units are interchangeable, they are not.