Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Auris Soon.

lippy

Hi all,

Newby here just joined ,Waiting for our new arrival ISLAND BLUE AURIS EXCEL HATCH,been told 18th April,Not long to go I hope.

The car seem's to be every thing we want,All the toy's as standard quite mind blowing.

Part ex my A-class Merc 08.Hope I have not made a mistake,To late now anyway. Read lot's of review's on the new BEAST. Sound's like they are good motors. The deal was good and no pressure.

Any info on the car would be very well appreciated.

Many thanks LIPPY.

Hello Michael - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Welcome Michael - hope the new car turns up on time & is everything you're hoping for :)

Good luck...

Make sure it has had the software update so the 12v Battery does not run flat in only a few days and also all the doors shut flush and are in line.

Good luck...

Make sure it has had the software update so the 12v battery does not run flat in only a few days and also all the doors shut flush and are in line.

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for the info,my list is growing at a rate of notts lot's to ask when I pick it up.

I am going for the monthly service payment do you know if there is any bargaining to be had.Hope your motor is doing you ok.

Many thanks Mick (Lippy).

Ideally they should base your service plan on Toyota's Fixed Price Service scheme - see: http://www.toyota.co.uk/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing

Make sure that you include brake fluid changes every two years, and, unless you change them yourself (which would be cheaper and is easy to do), the air con filter (or pollen filter as it is commonly known).

Also check that the use of 0W-20 oil is written into the service plan.

Hi Lippy

I purchased my Auris secondhand from a non toyota dealer however as I intend to keep the car for at least 5years and the first service was due I signed up with my local dealer to a 6 service plan which was based on the fixed prices quoted on the Toyota website this freezes the cost of services to today's prices for all the future services under the plan so a good saving as I reckon service prices will go up by at least £10 a year if not more it also gives me a 10% discount on all parts I purchase and 10% discount on labour should I have any other work done on my car. I also managed to negotiate the first brake oil change for free and free MOTS for the life of the plan so again this will save me £50+ a year from year 3. As you have purchased new you may already have free MOTS however if not then its worth asking and if you have you might be able to negotiate a similar saving by getting air and pollen filter changes added for free or something similar you are always going to be able to negotiate more saving on something that costs toyota very little in comparison to what they charge the public, lastly the service plan can be transferred to any other Toyota if I do sell the car or I can opt out at anytime for a £25 admin fee so I think all in all its a good deal and worth considering.

• Like 1

Hi Lippy

I purchased my Auris secondhand from a non toyota dealer however as I intend to keep the car for at least 5years and the first service was due I signed up with my local dealer to a 6 service plan which was based on the fixed prices quoted on the Toyota website this freezes the cost of services to today's prices for all the future services under the plan so a good saving as I reckon service prices will go up by at least £10 a year if not more it also gives me a 10% discount on all parts I purchase and 10% discount on labour should I have any other work done on my car. I also managed to negotiate the first brake oil change for free and free MOTS for the life of the plan so again this will save me £50+ a year from year 3. As you have purchased new you may already have free MOTS however if not then its worth asking and if you have you might be able to negotiate a similar saving by getting air and pollen filter changes added for free or something similar you are always going to be able to negotiate more saving on something that costs toyota very little in comparison to what they charge the public, lastly the service plan can be transferred to any other Toyota if I do sell the car or I can opt out at anytime for a £25 admin fee so I think all in all its a good deal and worth considering.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the heads up on negotiation for a free mans. Had some bad news today the garage informed me that they will have the car next wk end (Hacked off or what) And to add insult it may take 28 days to change my personal number plate due to the DVLA slowing work pace.

I'm on holiday all this wk and next and won't get the BEAST untill god knows when.

Many thanks Ian from Mick (Lippy).

Hi Lippy

That's annoying fingers crossed it comes next week so you can drive it around before you go back to work.

It will be worth the wait. I have come from a manual diesel to the hybrid and it really has changed my driving style, I am now far more aware of the road ahead so I'm not all acceleration and heavy breaking instead I'm looking to cruise and use electric only as often as I can, not had an automatic before but am finding the car very relaxing to drive and not missing the gears at all.

Good luck for next weekend, I'm jealous your getting the island blue as I love that colour but as I didn't buy new I only got the choice of grey or the light blue.

Hi Ian,

Cheers for the comments, Have you any ideas on any places where we can get original accessories for the Auris but not at Toyota prices.

Also gone for the panoramic roof,After pleading poverty with the salesman until the deal was done.(Get in).

Catch you later,

Many thanks Mick (Lippy).

A couple of dealers have eBay sites, and there is a Toyota eBay store:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ParklandsToyota

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/RRG-Toyota-Huddersfield?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

http://www.thetoyotashop.co.uk/category/Accessories,b.html

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/toyotaofficialstore/

You can also contact Parts King by personal message if you want a price for an accessory or part - see the Community page, Sponsors Corner and Lindop Toyota.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Still no car, Got a call from dealer to say the car was in there garage but still no paper work from the DVLA. Really hacked off. Still went and looked at the BEAST,She was fantastic had the number plates on,Really really good looking car.

Was hard leaving it at Toyota Haverfordwest.

Hope this wk end in time for the bank holiday.Here's waiting and hanging on the telephone (To quote Blondie).

All the best Lippy.

As regards the personalised registration system, it is not due to DVLA slowing pace.

As part of a review into DVLA's business, which was instigated by Government and looked at streamlining their business and putting more of their services online, DVLA had to close their Regional and Local Offices before the end of 2013. Prior to this, DVLA, the Regional and Local Offices could all handle the transfer of personalised registrations.

The present system is an interim system which was put in place whilst IT systems are designed and tested before the online system for personalised registrations goes live - probably due in 2016.

A previous topic in the Aygo club, suggested a method of quickening the transfer - see: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/158393-personal-registration-and-change-of-cars/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links