Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zx1 Lube

Hicardo

Folks, is ZX1 OK for the IQ CVT as well as the engine?

No.

Can i suggest you close the bonnet and step back.

Go get professional advice if there is something needing doing to the gearbox.

What are you doing to the Multidrive/CVT and why, is there some fault,

or is it you intending doing a service, ? and possibly/likely invalidating your Original Manufacturers Warranty.

george

• Like 1

Personally I would not mess at all with the CVT gearbox !

• Like 1

It's not actually a gearbox, i.e. a box full of gears!

It's a transmission which relies on friction/grip between a belt and adjustable cones. So adding a substance which allegedly reduces friction would surely not be good at all. Is there a wet clutch in use too?

So in a CVT no way.

I wouldn't even add this sort of stuff to my engine either, but that's my choice.

If these oil additives were suitable surely they would be included in the factory engine oil fill and used as a means to reduce the published CO2 emissions further?

I think we've already said this but....

Don't put any additives in the transmission oil, Only use proper oil for Toyota CVT transmissions. I once heard a story of an independent garage doing an oil change on a CVT transmission and using standard automatic transmission fluid (ATF) This is not suitable and destroyed the transmission so be careful what oil you use in there.

The oils on the Toyota iQ engine and transmission are completely separate though so you can use different engine oils and additives safely in the engine.

I would carefully consider the use of these though. Personally I would only use good quality engine oil to the specification given by Toyota. I am not at all convinced by these additives and have seen and had to repair the damage caused by Slick 50 to a transmission in the past and I vowed I would never use it or anything like it again.

Your choice though, just my opinion. :)

Craig.

Topic has been cleaned up, the answer has been given - Now locked to prevent abuse and additional drift...