Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Toyota Discs And Pads Fitted

Valvematic

Managed to obtain a brand new set for £64.99 delivered genuine Toyota.

Fitted them today and gave the slider pins a service, they were dry after 64K.

One of my front disc retaining screws is missing, tried one scrappy and they wanted £10 delivered??

How much would Mr T charge?

thanks.

Last week I was charged £270 for front disks and pads fitted for an 08 Aygo at Inchcape Toyota Battersea

Last week I was charged £270 for front disks and pads fitted for an 08 Aygo at Inchcape Toyota Battersea

Ouch, it's a relatively straightforward task.

Try sending Parts King a personal message asking how much the retaining screws are.

• Like 1

I've just checked the website for how much front discs and pads cost and its only £195 for both

http://www.toyota.co.uk/service-and-maintenance/repairs-and-parts

I'd query that amount personally.

Only! Silly money.

Well its still less than £270, some of us don't have the know how to fit those sort of things

Thanks guys - I will certainly query it. I've just had to tell them to take a running jump having quoted £1000 for a new clutch, just so they can test a faulty actuator!

they have probably quoted for the brake pads as one job and the discs as a 2nd job and added the the 2 prices together which i feel is wrong since they have to remove the pads when doing the disc's,why cant they just re-assemble using the new pads with no extra charge.

Looking at the invoice in detail today, I was charged £227 for a service (fixed price £179 - no additional items beyond those detailed required), £274 for the front pads and disks (fixed price £195). So overcharged by £127 in total. Thank you FROSTYBALLS for bringing this to my attention.

Unfortunately a lack of time, tools and a private driveway (and the need to maintain an extended warrenty) necessitate a small amount of trust in 'professional' car mechanics

Needless to say, Inchcape Battersea Toyota will not be receiving any further business from me

I've used Inchcape Toyota at Burton for the purchase and servicing of my last three Toyota's, and haven't had a problem with them as regards the Fixed Price Servicing and servicing costs.

Inchcape Toyota Battersea also offer Fixed Price Servicing and Fixed Price Repairs according to their website.

So I would definitely go back to them and challenge the costs.

I've used Inchcape Toyota at Burton for the purchase and servicing of my last three Toyota's, and haven't had a problem with them as regards the Fixed Price Servicing and servicing costs.

Inchcape Toyota Battersea also offer Fixed Price Servicing and Fixed Price Repairs according to their website.

So I would definitely go back to them and challenge the costs.

if you dont ask you dont get,whats the worst that can happen ??? you dont get a refund of the difference is the worst senario and the best senario is your £127 better off.

Only proviso would be - stay calm and polite. Ask them to explain the difference in costs.

Managed to obtain a brand new set for £64.99 delivered genuine Toyota.

Fitted them today and gave the slider pins a service, they were dry after 64K.

One of my front disc retaining screws is missing, tried one scrappy and they wanted £10 delivered??

How much would Mr T charge?

thanks.

Good price. I went for Mintex pads and discs at @ £55 delivered. Although I am normally a pattern parts man I am a staunch believer in factory discs and pads as they are usually sooo much better in terms of wear/efficiency/feel but given the amount of nasty reports on Aygo factory discs and pads I gave it a swerve.

I fitted them myself but one of the disc screws sheared on removal (rusted solid - no surprise there given my past experiences with the Aygo) so I refitted everything without it. Bit of a pain lining up the wheel/disc but hey ho. One day I will get round to using an easy-out or changing the hub.

Looking at the invoice in detail today, I was charged £227 for a service (fixed price £179 - no additional items beyond those detailed required), £274 for the front pads and disks (fixed price £195). So overcharged by £127 in total. Thank you FROSTYBALLS for bringing this to my attention.

Unfortunately a lack of time, tools and a private driveway (and the need to maintain an extended warrenty) necessitate a small amount of trust in 'professional' car mechanics

Needless to say, Inchcape Battersea Toyota will not be receiving any further business from me

Are you sure that the fixed prices of £179 and £195 include VAT?

I am not trying to defend Toyota, but I suggest looking into things in a little more detail before immediately writing off a main dealer, most of whom are used to customers pulling apart their servicing bills and questioning them. IMO they are usually not out these days to fleece people with stated prices as the repercussions are not worth the hassle.

£274 for a pair of front pads and discs, fitted, does not seem excessive to me. And thats from someone that has never had to pay a dealer to do it.

The website states that the fixed price maintenance costs include v.a.t.

The website states that the fixed price maintenance costs include v.a.t.

Good call. In that case, indeed question the extra £ and come back to us with their answer. IMO fixed price servicing is a huge gamble but thats another debate. For example changing the shocks/springs can be a 3 hour job or a total nightmare of an 8 hour job with repercussions for further expensive parts but if dealers are happy to do it then game on!

Update. Dealer very sheepishly accepted that the bill was too high and will be processing the refund tomorrow. Result! Thanks all

• Like 2

So it was worth querying - well done !!!

Update. Dealer very sheepishly accepted that the bill was too high and will be processing the refund tomorrow. Result! Thanks all

Told you it was worth fighting for. I went with my step brother to collect his brand new Aygo and I queried why his monthly service plan is £18 whilst mine is only £12 a month. Got it down to £13 for him.

Certainly think it is worth querying service plans - especially given that owners can work out service costs using Toyota's Fixed Price Servicing scheme.