Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can't Attach New Wiper Blade

qqq1

I have managed to remove the old wiper by simply pressing onto a small tab just behind the hook.

But I can't attach the new one, I have attached some pictures that I took of the new wiper blade which I can't put on.

One of the picture is the type of hook(only for reference)

Just to let you know, this wiper blade is for Toyota Aygo, the seller sold around 50 Wiper Blades so far.

The instructions provided with this new wiper was not helpful due to Toyota Aygo wiper arm cannot be lifted up high enough.

Please help.

Thanks.

post-139989-0-32396300-1397742203_thumb.

post-139989-0-58536200-1397742221_thumb.

post-139989-0-82404400-1397742241_thumb.

post-139989-0-42494900-1397742259_thumb.

post-139989-0-80423700-1397742278_thumb.

post-139989-0-84191100-1397742281_thumb.

• Like 1

Hi, there is also another problem with the video you have posted which is correct if the wiper arm can lift that high.

Toyota aygo cars cannot lift arm up more than about 15-30 degrees. As you can see from the screenshot picture I've attached, I don't think this will work but I will give it a go in a few hours time.

I will give it a go this afternoon/evening and will let you know if that method works.

pass the wiper arm under the bar at the back of the clip then hook it on the blade,the bar will then lock onto the arm

• Like 1

Tried it again but doesn't work. I can't seem to put the hook underneath the metal bar. If I can do that then I will be able to attach it on?

Here are some photos:

http://postimg.org/image/z885vxuab/
http://postimg.org/image/f4ojjw2ab/
http://postimg.org/image/3r208orrn/
http://postimg.org/image/4kem1axsj/

Not sure how to attach picture on here...

my other thought is to use the original clip on the new wiper blade

• Like 1

Fitting You New wiper Blade

An adapter connects the blade assembly to the windscreen wiper arm. To remove the old blade assembly:

1. Pull the end of windscreen wiper arm outward to move the arm away from the windscreen.

Take care not to let it spring back against the windscreen.

2. Press the tab on the adapter to release the adaptor mechanism.

3. On all standard windscreen wiper arms: Maintain pressure on the tab while pulling the blade assembly downward to slide it out of the recess, or hook on the wiper arm.

Then follow the video, note how the fixing goes in to the arm....

• Like 1

yes thats what i was talking about BUT it looks like its rivited on to the flat blade ,the standard blade has clip on / off adaptors

• Like 1

I had a look at the adapter part, I won't be able to take that off. :s

I hate Toyota Aygo wiper arm, such a terrible design. Three companies came together to design this car!!!

Any other ideas?

Three things to consider.

1. Try removing the central plastic bit from your new wiper and use the same old plastic thing from the old wiper attached to the new wiper instead and try hooking it.

2. If you cannot get the plastic thing out from your new arm, try hooking the metal wiper arm hook without trying to thread it throught the hole in the plastic thing as in your first picture. Push the plastic thing down and just try to hook the arm around it rather than through that plastic bit.

3. In the worst case scenario, keep the old wiper and change the rubber strip from the new wiper to the old wiper.

• Like 1

I have changed the wiper blade on my sons last two Aygo's with no problems.......I have always used Genuine Toyota replacements

Is your blade a Genuine Toyota or a copy?

A pity that I do not live a bit nearer to your location

• Like 1

I bought this one online and the seller mentioned that it's for Toyota Aygo but don't think it's a genuine Toyota one. I will try point number 2 of what rajivrattna has said later today.

Will let you guys know if it works.

Once again, thanks for the help guys :goof:

looked at your photos in the first post, and if you follow the video it will fit.

You just need too swing the fitting around and slide it into the loop on the end of the windscreen wiper arm... Simples

• Like 1

Guys, I have tried every method!

I even inserted the hook through the hole then turn it 180 degrees to lock it on that way, it nearly worked but the problem is that the thickness of the metal edge is too big.

Basically, I think my next option is to use a small saw and remove one of the small bars.

Please see the below link for reference to what I said in this post:

http://postimg.org/image/7ia0gnik9/

you maybe better off going to Halfords and getting them to supply and fit it

• Like 1

Sounds to me as though the supplied blade isn't the correct one for the Aygo.

• Like 1

I bet its the wrong blade, I fitted mine in less than a minute and that included removing the old one...

• Like 1

If one just fiddle with it, eventually he/she will be able to fit a normal wiper on but for this wiper, no matter how much time I spend turning, trying different techniques, it will just not fit on.

I told the seller that the wiper arm cannot lift more than about 30 degrees which he replied saying I have 'a non-standard wiper arm'. I told him that all Aygos, C1s and 107s are the same. Just waiting for him to respond.

Clearly he has never had one of these kind of cars before.

Will let you guys know what happens.

Thanks for all the help so far :D

Your seller seems to have passed on a wiper that is clearly not compatible. I had bought a similar wiper from Biltema (a large cheap car parts chain store in Sweden) and guess what the slit in the wiper for the hook was too narrow and the hook would not go through no matter what I did. I finally ended up changing the rubber( and the thin metal strips that go with the rubber), from the new to the old wiper frame.

And, talking of wiper arm, your seller has no clue!

• Like 1

Good news everyone!!!

I have managed to fit the wiper on :clap: Although it did do some minor scratches onto the wiper arm paint. My method is to stop the car engine as soon as the wiper is at the windscreen edge(just before it chances directions) then attach it on that way, I had to attach it on at a slight angle. Please see picture of my newly attached wiper :)

I also just received this message from the seller:

'Dear Customer

this is exactly what we are saying to you, you do not have a hooked wiper arm, which is the clip on version, you have the bolt on type, you have not ordered the correct item that you require., the listing clearly states this is only for the hooked wiper arm, you may return the unwanted item to our returns address.'

I told them over and over again that I do have the hook type wiper arm. All Toyota Aygos have the 'hook type wiper arm' right? They told me I have the 'bolt on type'? What is that? They are selling this wiper especially for Toyota Aygos.

Anyway, once again, thank you to everyone who has helped me :)

rajiivrattna, I agree with you, the seller provided me with a wiper that has the metal cross bar too close to the hook on part, I had to apply some extra pressure(not a lot) to get it on.

post-139989-0-84548000-1398112693_thumb.

congratulations and you proved the point, "never give up"!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links