Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Auris Mudflaps Easy To Fit Yourself Big Saving On Toyota Fitted Pr

Tutchy

Contacted my local toyota dealer to get price for a set of mud flaps on my Auris tourer, was quoted £21.66 inc vat for the flaps which I thought was a good price however they wanted £59.95 to fit. I checked the toyota tech site and it appeared the front flaps directly screwed into holes already there and the back ones needed holes drilled in the rear bumper which I wasn't to keen on doing but figured at the price of the mudflaps I was happy to pay for the whole set and just fit the front ones if need be.

Well picked up the flaps today and the instructions don't require any need for drilling the back bumper at all as there are small indentations where the screws need to go and the self taping screw goes through with a little pressure. I am not a big DIY person however the mudflaps were very easy to fit,I had all 4 fitted in less than 20 minutes and to be honest if I now fitted another set I reckon I could do it in 10 mins so for my dealer to be charging £59.95 to fit is criminal.

I'm not sure reference the hatchback but would guess fitting is very similar so don't be scared to go for it and fit yourself.

post-138549-0-53841800-1397814746_thumb.

post-138549-0-23564300-1397814802_thumb.

post-138549-0-79466200-1397814831_thumb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

Hi Tutchy, Firstly thanks for posting about this. It's given me confidence to do the same.  assume you had to remove rear wheels though?

Hi DuncanJ

A bit of a blast from the past, but if I recall correctly I fitted easily without needing to remove either front or the rear wheels. 

Cheers Tutchy

As above. :happy:The first thing I did when I got my Auris Touring was to get the Toyota mudflaps (which were, I think, about £18 on Ebay).

Fitting was a total doddle - all the holes were pre-drilled in the plastic wheel arch liners, and the only thing I had to do was make sure I didn't overtighten the screws (cause they were into plastic, obviously.) The whole job was done in 35 minutes. And I'm somebody who likes to take his time!

The car has been much quieter with the mudflaps on. (Mine had been getting a lot of under-floor noise from mud being thrown up on the country lanes where we live.) The only small downside is that the mudflaps can sometimes ground if you're driving off a kerb. (Because of course the 2013 revise has a lower floorpan than the earlier designs.) I find I can fix this by driving on the road, not the pavements. :laugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Countrylad said:

Because of course the 2013 revise has a lower floorpan than the earlier designs.

The second generation is just a reworked first generation and carried forward the type approval from 2007. Both of my first generations had the same issue with mudflaps grounding when driving off kerbs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The second generation is just a reworked first generation and carried forward the type approval from 2007. Both of my first generations had the same issue with mudflaps grounding when driving off kerbs.

Interesting. It says here that the revamp "is a significant 55mm lower in height and offers 10mm lower ground clearance compared with the outgoing model."

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-auris-touring-sports-icon-the-european-space-project Am I misunderstanding something? Could be. :huh:

No, you're not missing anything. The second generation did lose height, and also some ease of access that the first generation had. However, at launch of the second generation, Toyota confirmed that the type approval was carried forward from the first to the second generation.

The 2013 Verso was again a reworked previous generation.

• Like 1

Thanks Tutchy and Countrylad - really helpful - I was quoted £70-80 by my local Toyota dealer so definitely worth doing myself. P.S. I'm not worried about grounding when coming off kerbs - I don't drive on pavements as it's illegal anyway - but agree that the Auris is noticeably lower to the ground than many other cars.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links