Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wind Deflectors

smudge-1991

Are they still fully secured with metal clips or only adhesive strips?

These only have two small adhesive strips on each piece which looked very paltry! But, once pushed in they feel very secure in the channel.

They come with two metal clips for each side too (I haven't put them in yet, will do at lunchtime) but even as they are I can't see them coming out accidentally.

23 hours ago, MrZardoz said:

They come with two metal clips for each side too

Ah, they do then. That's why I didn't fit them. The adhesive strips, I think, are only intended for initial fitting and holding them in place temporarily until those clips are fitted. They were "barbed" which meant easy push in but impossible to remove without causing damage to the top glass recess. The clips are intended to fit only one way when used.

I do concede that once fitted there shouldn't be any reason to remove them but -------

Yeah, I'll admit I'm reluctant to use them (like I say they seem so tight fitting already) but I will do as I'd hate for them to come loose on the motorway or something. 

Clips are in (took some pushing!) and windows function perfectly. There's enough clip still visible to make me think removal would be straightforward (although I doubt why now) with a pair of needle nosed pliers.

Very happy with them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links