Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With Stereo!

tina2410

Well today I became the proud owner of my first Yaris and I am chuffed to bits. Its silver with black tinted windows and just looks the mutts nutts! I have brought the 2001 GLS model 1.0, (51 reg) and it has come with radio and tape player as standard.

I have asked around and apparantely I cant put any other CD player in the car except the actual toyota one which would cost bout 300 quid? Is this true> I have a sony player from my old car that I want to put in and would love some advice! Thanku!

Tina.

yes you can, i just did it today and it looks the dogs bo***cks

Go to workshop submissions on the main forum page, and look at how to fit an aftermarket headunit.

Cheers

Matt

Ok Im new at this...anyone want to put the link up to the workshop submissions? Would be grateful!

Thankyou

Think you should understand it as i did, However if you have a new yaris, you will have to yank speedometor frame out, then unscrew the top half of dash, and then proceed with the guide as above...

i did the guide today and i broke the top half's screw clip. The older yarises dont have them so be careful!

Cheers

Yes his cd player is amazin!!! Spins around to hide away, has a remote and just amazin!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

what stereo u got moffmo?

a kenwood v6090r sommat like that, i only got it coz i was getting it secound hand but i got a bargain

Cheers

Matt

BTW i have piccies and videos of the flips :)

i used to have a kenwood mask in my AX 5 years ago.

funky little toy, ignition on, flip, ignition off, flip

heheh yeah,

Mine tells me info about radio station and whats on and stuff

Is that digital Radio??

Cheers