Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clay Bar Season

Uncle Buck

After a winter of grime being plastered on the car & just a wash to clean it off, I realised it was time to treat the car to a wash, clay bar & wax. I did one half of the car to prove to my better half just how much difference it makes ......

Using the back of the hand, one side felt like glass & the other like fine grade sandpaper :eek: I would've completed the job but I had to throw the clay bar in the bin it was so filthy ! So guess what I'll be doing next w/end .......

I'll post up some pics of the completed job :)

• 2 months later...

Doing my Verso this weekend. It's black and every tiny blemish sticks out like a sore thumb. I had a black Astra many years ago and swore I'd never buy another black car...it did look so nice sitting there waiting for someone to buy it though. It's pretty obvious that cleaning it it going to be a regular occurrence! Luckily it lives in a garage, that helps prevent a lot of the grime and dirt settling on it.

Anyway, for anyone who's doing this...remember to 'stroke' in one direction. I like to go front to back on horizontal panels and up and down on vertical ones. That way, if you do impart any minute scratches, they won't be so obvious when the sun shines on the paint. Whatever you do. don't go round and round in circles, doing that is a great way to create many varied swirl patterns in your paintwork.

• Like 1

Good advice there Phil ! :thumbsup: