Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance

Glanzakev1995

Hello people today I picked up my glanza v , on the logbook it has no name just says Toyota? Iv insured it as a Toyota statelet 1.3 ?? I'm 18 with 1 year no claims and when I give them the number plate my insurance is 8000, but insuring it as a starlet it's only 1600? Am I safe

No, giving false information will invalidate your cover...

Give them your index number and model and they will quote for you...

When I give then my number plate it comes up as a glanza s , but the previous owner only had it insured as a starlet 1.3 and he told me to do the same ? It's a standard glanza no mods

So the previous owner was a moron, you know the penalties for breaking the law...

• Like 1

What the previous owner did is really a red herring.

LV will need to know the registration plate to insure it, and if the plate shows the car as a Glanza, that is what LV should insure it as.

The issue being that as the Glanza was not officially imported into Europe, insurers may load the premium due to the possibility of the car having non European spec parts which could be more expensive or harder to obtain in Europe - which could increase repair costs if a claim is made.

Claiming the car is a Starlet rather than a Glanza would effectively mean you're committing a fraudulent act. In the event of a claim that involved an assessor viewing your car, this could mean the true identity of your car coming to light, and if it has been incorrectly described, could void your insurance.

If you're not happy with LV's premium, why not approach another company that handles grey imports (Toyota Owners Club insurance is one), and see what they quote. If you want further advice on this, have a look at: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/155227-owners-club-insurance-click-here-to-see-if-you-could-save/

• Like 1

Hello people today I picked up my glanza v , on the logbook it has no name just says Toyota? Iv insured it as a Toyota statelet 1.3 ?? I'm 18 with 1 year no claims and when I give them the number plate my insurance is 8000, but insuring it as a starlet it's only 1600? Am I safe

Hi,

I would make sure you insure the vehicle as the correct model regardless of whats on the log book or what comes up on the registration number data bases as we find that with imported vehicles this information is rarely accurate.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi,

I would make sure you insure the vehicle as the correct model regardless of whats on the log book or what comes up on the registration number data bases as we find that with imported vehicles this information is rarely accurate.

Regards,

Dan.

So given the above advice, you need to insure it as a Glanza V.

Think I would be inclined to give LV a ring, be honest and seek their advice. State that the car is a Glanza V, and that is what the registration confirms. If they state they will insure the car as a Starlet 1.3, ask them to confirm that in writing to you and to record details of your conversation on the policy documents.

• Like 1

And thanks for all the advice , going to phone them Tomoz and change everything over , think I'm gonna have to sell the glanza :(

You mentioned LV in your original post - "Iv insured it as a Toyota statelet 1.3". So your original post was unclear and quite misleading!

No that was Ment to be , "iv insured it as" that's my mistake it's the iPhone , changes most words , but if it come in to expensive il have to sell it :(

OK. Still might be worth seeking the advice of your insurer - but you will need to be very careful as you have already arranged cover for the car as a Starlet.

All done legit now , thanks everyone , done it as an import and a glanza , very helpful

Well done !!

First time out in today properly ,

I'm in love lol , need some rotas now though!!

Well done :) Hope it didn't come out too expensive! :eek:

I know I had some insane quotes when I first started driving and I was 24!! :lol:

Yes but you'd probably be high risk ....

Thing is with insurance, most insurance companies target certain categories of driver/area/risk, etc. We've had really high quotes in the past, and have just put it down to the fact that we're not in that particular company's area of interest. Giving a high quote is one way of saying 'we're not interested in you ....'.

Yes but you'd probably be high risk ....

'ere what you trying to say?! Anyway, that wall pulled in front of me! :unsure: :D

But yeah, I remember thinking "Flippin 'eck, glad I didn't start driving at 18 if this is the sort of money they want!" :lol:

I find it matters more about where you live than anything else; My brother, when he passed his test, had a lower quote for his 2.0D4D Corolla than I did with some years of no-claims for my crappy Fiesta! As a test we left it exactly the same and changed the address here and it went up by nearly £2000! :eek:

(Toc Top Tip: Move to Woking for cheap car insurance! :lol:)

I'm just glad I don't live in Tottenham; A guy I work with occasionally has a lowest-spec Honda Jazz and has been driving for almost as long as I've been alive with not a single point or claim, but his insurance is twice what mine is! :eek: (And mine ain't exactly cheap! Even Raist has cheaper insurance than?! :crybaby: )

Worth every penny , amount of heads that turn , just brought some rota slipstreams gunmetal grey

Have you declared them to your insurance company ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links