Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Gts Help! -79K Miles

Browneyes Page

I have a Celica GTS that I am buying from a friend. She says the clutch was replaced a year ago. I was driving home and suddenly white smoke started coming from the hood. I was able to drive it back home at 10mph because it does not accelerate. The engine revs but wont accelerate at all now. The clutch seems alot looser and so does the shift. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? any oil, water, etc... I'm a first time car buyer and have zero experience with this.

I am in Queens New York if anyone knows any place trustworthy.

I absolutely love the car when it did run. I am not sure of the year.

Thank you!

Sounds like you've had a catastrophic coolant failure. White smoke suggests steam and overheating. Check the Coolant expansion tank (probably empty) a hose the water pump or the radiator will have failed. Top up with water immediately and check for leaks. If you're lucky you may not have blown the head gasket. If the leak is small you may be able to limp to garage for a repair. Take more water with you and drive slowly.

I can recommend a good garage

inMiddlesbrough England butfor somwhere a bit more local you're better off posting on Toyotacelicas.com (the US forum) for advice from an American owner