Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius 2013 Brightness Sat Nav Screen

marlinleg

Hi,can anyone tell me please,if you can adjust the sat nav screen,as I find it's to dark on night mode,and autamatic mode, I have tried leaving it on day time mode, but as soon as the headlights are switched on the sat nav screen dims. My car is a prius plus 2013 many thanks

It is a bit limited but you can adjust the screen to some extent.

1. Press the "Setup" button

2. Touch “Display” on the “Setup” screen

3. Touch “General”

4. Select “Contrast” or “Brightness”

using the << or >>.

5. Adjust the contrast or brightness using

the “+” or “-” until you get a satisfactory result.

6. After adjusting the screen, touch

“OK”.

The reversing camera can be adjusted in the same way by touching "Camera" at step 3.

Thank-you kind regards Phil

• 1 year later...

My question is slightly different. On bright sunny days the satnav screen and the speedo are both very difficult to read. Would the same adjustment regime cure that problem Guru?

On my 2015 Prius the speedo visibility when the lights are on in daylight is vastly improved by clicking the MPH/KM/H button three times - as suggested in the manual. But this does not work when driving in bright sun with no lights on

My question is slightly different. On bright sunny days the satnav screen and the speedo are both very difficult to read. Would the same adjustment regime cure that problem Guru?

On my 2015 Prius the speedo visibility when the lights are on in daylight is vastly improved by clicking the MPH/KM/H button three times - as suggested in the manual. But this does not work when driving in bright sun with no lights on

If its a Gen 3 like my plug in then to the best of my knowledge nothing can be done about daytime brightness.

I don't know about adjustment on the Gen 2 (2008), but I believe you can buy a cowling that goes around the display to shield it from sunlight somewhat.

Thanks for the two responses. I shall enquire at my dealership about this problem.

On the Gen II there are brightness and contrast controls for the MFD, but it is different from the process described in kithmo's post above. You should find the procedure in the owner's manual. As far as the speedo is concerned, there is nothing that can be adjusted in daytime mode - it is always at full brightness. Personally, I have never experienced a problem at any time during the day where it has not been bright enough. Have you tried cleaning the lens that is flush with the dash? Just use a lint free cloth moistened with distilled water and then polish dry with a second dry lint free cloth.

Sorry I can't be of more help at this time.

Thanks everyone who has given advice so far. The problem, of course, will soon disappear as will bright sunlight. But I am sure it is not a problem of a dirty lens; maybe more of my slowly failing eyesight as I understand that with age, driving in adverse light conditions - such as night-time and so maybe bright sunlight - becomes more problematic.

Perhaps someone can advise on my problem with the satnav. Apart from the generally unsatisfactory nature of the process of entering a destination - failure of the device to accept more than 4 digits of post code - I have some of my destinations multiply saved. I am not sure how this occurs but I would like to delete many of them - but cannot see how.

Not great is it. The touch and go system on my 14 plate Auris is very confusing, it appears they are all confusing and in some instances completely useless. I have now got used to mine including the dimming effect you speak of, my eyes seem to have adjusted to it, I'm fifty eight and have dodgy eyes. The sat nav has many sub menus that are hidden, I have found some by pure accident, then, not found them again, bit like a smart phone. There is a post or two about the sat nav, in fact I started one myself

Here. http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/169412-no-house-number/

"Perhaps someone can advise on my problem with the satnav. Apart from the generally unsatisfactory nature of the process of entering a destination - failure of the device to accept more than 4 digits of post code - I have some of my destinations multiply saved. I am not sure how this occurs but I would like to delete many of them - but cannot see how."

Can you confirm for which car? Your profile says a 2008 Prius but your earlier post referenced a 2015 Prius.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem with my yaris hybrid. Daytime motorway rain switch on lights satnav dims so much as to be useless.  Adjusting the dash lights to max has no effect and I have set screen to max brightness. I would be happy if the dimmer could be disabled.  As the satnav has day/night mode there is no need to have this extra dimming.  This is obviously a problem with touch and go so come on Toyota come up with a fix.

thanks

32 minutes ago, john hayward said:

This is obviously a problem with touch and go so come on Toyota come up with a fix.

One has to let Toyota know. Don't know whether Toyota visit the forums, and they certainly won't respond via this medium.

2 hours ago, john hayward said:

I have the same problem with my yaris hybrid. Daytime motorway rain switch on lights satnav dims so much as to be useless.  Adjusting the dash lights to max has no effect and I have set screen to max brightness. I would be happy if the dimmer could be disabled.  As the satnav has day/night mode there is no need to have this extra dimming.  This is obviously a problem with touch and go so come on Toyota come up with a fix.

thanks

I have Touch & Go & don't have a problem so it isn't something that everybody has an issue with. What system software version are you running (it's possible that they made changes at some point)?

17 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

I have Touch & Go & don't have a problem so it isn't something that everybody has an issue with. What system software version are you running (it's possible that they made changes at some point)?

As above, no issue in my 2013 PiP or our 2014 Yaris Trend, both with T&G2.

Have you tried setting it to Day mode, it should make it bright all the time, but too bright at night.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links