Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atf Oil Check

Mondeoman2004

Hi all

We have a 2008 Aygo Blue with the Automatic gearbox.how do i check the fluid in the gearbox please as i cant see a separate ATF dipstick like on other Auto's we have owned.thanks in advance.Chris ;-)

Your car (like mine) has an MMT gearbox.

It is not a conventional automatic gearbox which relies on ATF for many jobs.

The MMT is an almost identical gearbox to the manual one but

instead of cables operating the clutch and selectors, it has computer operated geared motors.

So......just like a manual gearbox......If there are no puddles under the car and

no oily mess where the driveshafts come out, all is well.

I think oil level may be checked at the 80000 mile service.

It is the old school way of checking.

The filler plug is removed & oil added until it overflows.

Check weekly for puddles where you park your car......don't worry.

Ian.

Thankyou for very informative reply ian :-)

Still have 40000 to do before the 80000 mile service :-D

• 3 weeks later...

hi chris and welcome to the forum

just incase your not aware as said before the mmt is basically a manual transmission so it has a normal clutch ,when at traffic lights or sitting in traffic dont leave the selector in E as you will be in effect slipping the clutch so we always use to put it in N if we had to wait for a longish period of time.

clutches on the mmt will cost you in the region of £700 - £800 to have it replaced by toyota so its something you need to take care of.

• Like 1

hi chris and welcome to the forum

just incase your not aware as said before the mmt is basically a manual transmission so it has a normal clutch ,when at traffic lights or sitting in traffic dont leave the selector in E as you will be in effect slipping the clutch so we always use to put it in N if we had to wait for a longish period of time.

clutches on the mmt will cost you in the region of £700 - £800 to have it replaced by toyota so its something you need to take care of.

Thanks Mark

Will let my other half know about this as she uses it more than me. i didn't realise it had a clutch to be honest!

its not something you would expect to find in what you think is an auto.

ours started to slip about 6 weeks ago and at that point we part ex'd it for a new one,