Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can You Leave Auris Hsd At Airport?

beachlife

My Auris Excel HSD (63 plate) has not so far suffered any Battery problems. I have left it for 3 months with it attached to a Ctek and it started first time when I returned. I am thinking about going away soon for 2 weeks and was wondering if I might come back to a car that might not start. I would off course do the trick with the hazard warning lights on and off to check the switch did not drain the Battery. However was wondering if any one has left an Auris hybrid for 2 weeks without using it at an airport or anywhere else and if they had no problems with it starting?

Have never had a problem leaving my Auris HSD (1st Gen), Prius+ or CT200 for long periods without any maintenance charge. Maybe I've missed something but is there a common problem with hybrids discharging?

The only model I know of where there has been a *known* problem is the RX400. With that one I had to use jump leads a number of times for no apparent reason, even after short periods of being parked. But that is the only model I've heard of having that issue and I though this was down to a firmware issue.

There has been an issue with some second generation Auris HSD batteries losing charge. There was a production fix for new cars in February, but Toyota have yet to come up with a fix for cars produced up to this particular production date.

Oooh didn't know they are rolling out a fix in new models, that's good news! Do we know what the fix was? (Just curious if they just put in a bigger Battery, or did it turn out there was an actual issue with the ECU draining more power than it was supposed to?)

Think the production fix was instigated around 17th February or so, but Toyota have to work through a process as to how the issue will be sorted for customers who have affected cars that were produced before this date.

Had no problems leaving our Auris Touring HSD on the drive for up to a week. Took delivery on 21st Feb so hope ours has the fix!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links